Fog lights always on...

Stu'sS3

Reaction score
Hi.

I brought my S3 about 3 months ago and found out it had a few problems with it after the sale. The dealer was good enough to give me some cash back so i have now started to iron these out..

Has anyone ever heard of the front fog lights being on in every headlight position apart from off??? Could this be a simple swith problem??? Please help, Maybe some more problems to come.

The birds TT has this issue. I've been told it could be a wiring issue and removing the switch and refitting everything might cure it.

Failing that I think its new switch time.

T

Although it sounds like a 'problem', it could be that a young boy racer type owned it before you and decided to hardwire them on when the side are on.

Is it just the fronts?

The boy racer theory had poped in to my mind. That is my worst fear. Yes it is just the front fogs.

Its a switch issue, either dissmantle the switch and clip it together properly or put a new one in.I found its was because the mrs had twisted the knob to turn the lights off, without allowing the switch to kinda pop back in to turn the fogs off.

Thanks a lot mark will try and take it to bits and see what happens. Fingers crossed.

I reacon its the switch aswell mate i bought my a3 about a month ago now and found myself stopped by police for having fog lights on and had no clue they were on. Being a tech I looked into it and found the switch is faulty. consulted a friend that works for audi and he says that it is a common fault.

hope this helps

Jack

I had this on mine. A small bit of the plastic clip holding it in had snapped and got stuck in the switch mechanism so when i twisted it ythe switch popped out a tiny bit turning the fogs on.

I'd take it out and put the switch back in.