Before and after New Wheels

LordNelson

Reaction score
after picking up my wheels at the weekend, here are before and after pics

Photo-0199-1.jpg

Photo-0202-1.jpg

Photo-0203-1.jpg

any opinions.....i think they look good...different as i know i have not seen any cars with these on in my area....and a bargain at that.

by the way, i am running 15mm spacers at the back and 10mm spacers up front to push them out into the arches a bit more.

anyway.....this means my 17" Avus are up for sale as in the classifieds. £125 collected or £165 wrapped & delivered on a pallet

Last edited:
Really liking those other wheels, think they look good on a dark S3. What are they called?

What size are those Avus wheels? Do they have any tyres on them? I'm possibly interested in them.

they are Azev B wheels (i think)
the Avus are std S3 17" 5x100 with tyres. they are advertised in the classifieds on here.
although they sold at the moment by verbal agreement, i will keep ppl updated incase i get gazzumped!!

Last edited:
I think they look ok, nice to see something different!

bought them from a lad on Ebay...the rims are in near mint condition and the tyres are nearly new. dont know what he was thinking to put them up at the price he did. especially when you see the state of similar priced wheels up for the same price that need a full set of new tyres

I think those wheels belonged to a user on here, had them on his S3 too, they are actually the Azev C, and nelson, you have the fitment wrong as listed above, they are 5x100 not 5x110 ;)

Oh and i think they look cool, I have always loved those wheels from years ago when they 1st came out :)

Sh#t....my bad.....got to be a mis-type..haha. :whistle2: anyway, i corrected it and at least i got the classified adv right :o.k:

yeah, i wasnt sure on which model they were. the guy listed them as Aez Wheels.
for info, i got them from a guy in middlesborough who had them on his S3 but sold it a few months back.

:s3addict:

Last edited:
Well if the other person drops out can I get first dibs on those wheels if you're still up for selling them?

If you do decide to sell them send me a PM or something. thanks.

as i already have 5 ppl in a queue for them, il have to work on a first come basis. the guy who is buying them should be picking them up wednesday or the weekend.
il keep interested parties informed....cheers for the interest though mate

Yea he was a user on here, forgot his name now, but he had the S3 and an old skool Scirocco too.

they do look good on the s3 i think i said that before to the last guy who had them to id have them over rstt's imo

You will have to count me in the 'dislike' camp. Personally the standard alloys look a neater option on the car (if you had them cleaned). These just look like a newer cheaper option , which they probably were (?). I think also maybe because they are not drastically different from the original alloy on first quick glance is another reason why the comparison is closer - albeit my opinion may seem confusing to some.

I'm not completely against after market alloys, but that's just not for me.

I have yet to see any alloys to really compliment the S3 (not that I have been looking). The odd one I may have seen that look good made me think they would be a nighmare to keep clean. A lot of research and thought went into upgrading my alloys on my previous car. I would post some pictures before and after, if I knew how to. Why can't we just post pics directly off our pc ?

Last edited:
Wheels look good mate, wasn't overly keen on them before but looking at the side view of your car I think they look good, especially with the wheel spacers, set it off nicely...

cheers for the (mainly) positive response.....im loving the wheels, so when i get the car polished up again, il update my pics in the pictures section.

They look smart. Alot better than the too small std 17's.

I prefer 18" RSTT's though!!

I think they look great, a break from the norm for sure.

Tidy.

T

yeah am interested in the alloys,please tell me what area you are based thanks

These wheels on the S3 make me think about cars that have been fitted with different running gear, the one that immediately sprang to mind was the mini pickup with the rover V8 in the back!

:thumbsup:Nice wheels mate, im a fan of the Azev's.
I tried looking about a year ago for these for my old golf, they had to be imported, no stockists had them in the UK!

yeah am interested in the alloys,please tell me what area you are based thanks

Sorry mate, the wheels went a cpl of weeks ago.

I was suprised that these came up for sale, seem to be very rare these days. Always loved the style so snapped them up in a flash. :arco:

You will have to count me in the 'dislike' camp. Personally the standard alloys look a neater option on the car (if you had them cleaned). These just look like a newer cheaper option , which they probably were (?). I think also maybe because they are not drastically different from the original alloy on first quick glance is another reason why the comparison is closer - albeit my opinion may seem confusing to some.

I'm not completely against after market alloys, but that's just not for me.

I have yet to see any alloys to really compliment the S3 (not that I have been looking). The odd one I may have seen that look good made me think they would be a nighmare to keep clean. A lot of research and thought went into upgrading my alloys on my previous car. I would post some pictures before and after, if I knew how to. Why can't we just post pics directly off our pc ?

I agree, these look a little halfords to me, however each to their own.

I really wanted the orignal MTM / Sportec wheels but they stopped doing them in 18" years ago and don't want 19". I came across some replicas of the MTM wheels thanks to a good mate and picked these up:

DSC_0210.jpg

Love them and they're stronger than the original Avus wheels as I managed to crack one of the Avus wheels after a bit of a hard landing. oops.