Badger5Chris Nott
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    3rd Gear

Status
    I think I read on the new West London Audi the pricing was Ł320 or something. I had mine done for Ł350 at Hatfield Audi with waterpump, tensioners, thermostat and temp sender. (They had quoted nearly Ł500 at first but Watford Audi were doing them for Ł300).

2. # ADS
    ADS

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    make sure you get the haldex filter and oil changed too!!!
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

5th Gear

Status
    I was charged Ł250 just for the Haldex oil and filter change!

As for 210 v 225. I did some research and decided i wanted the 225. I assumed that after 2001 they all were. Mine is a '51 reg and was advertised as a 225 but when i got it home and read on here i discovered it was in fact an AMK 210! Still love it though and now its mapped who cares!

Don't pay a premium just to get a 225 when a later 210 will be just as good

I like the fact not many are around. Seem to be seeing loads of M3's these days!
    AUTOMAP
    Mobile ECU Remapping Services

automap.remapping@gmail.com
    www.eliteremaps.com

1st Gear

Status
    If you don't mind me asking how does it compare to your previous M3 and type R ian?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by sportquattro View Post
    if you take it to Audi its Ł320 fixed price, and make sure you get the waterpump and thermostat changed at the same time as the cambelt.

Nige
    it just cost me Ł580 at poole audi that included cambelt water pump basic service and brake fluid change! Ł320 is the fixed price but that does NOT include the water pump! I was told that Audi has forced these prices on the dealerships so all should be the same!

I'm sure there are people that would do it cheaper.....but it is the sort of job that I would want to make sure it was done right.....so taking it to audi seemed the best idea to me!

(also u get a courtesy car and your car cleaned )

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansmith View Post
    it just cost me Ł580 at poole audi that included cambelt water pump basic service and brake fluid change! Ł320 is the fixed price but that does NOT include the water pump! I was told that Audi has forced these prices on the dealerships so all should be the same!

I'm sure there are people that would do it cheaper.....but it is the sort of job that I would want to make sure it was done right.....so taking it to audi seemed the best idea to me!

(also u get a courtesy car and your car cleaned )

Hi Dan, When Plymouth Audi did mine I got them to change the water pump and thermostat as a preventative measure, the pump was Ł31.68 + VAT and the thermostat Ł18 + VAT the total bil wwhich included a 20000 service @ Ł199 fixed price and a brake fluid change was Ł638.57 incl VAT which considering the work done I felt pretty good with. I know dealers can vary a lot but in over 20 years and 8 Audis and 4 VWs I've always found Plymouth Audi and their predecessors good as gold.

Nige
    1999 Audi S3 Superchips remap, Forge 007p, Phatnoise, Black Diamond Discs & DS2500 pads, N249 Deleted, Badger 5 TIP, Poly dogbone bush, Bilstein B8's and Eibach Springs.

1986 Audi Coupe Quattro 2.2 restoration project

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12