Badger5JMB Retrofits
    Neutral

Status

A3 1.8t quattro best performance parts

hi am rob from grimsby am new to these forum as i just bought my a3 1.8t 180 quattro last week its on a 51 with only 42000 on clock fsh etc and its totally standard at the minute lol

Am wanting a few goodies as i want 240-250 bhp by Christmas time, finding it hard to find info about these cars so am after help on what's the best parts to use etc,

Am wanting a air filter, baileys dump valve, turbo inlet pipe, front mount intercooler with pipes, decent cat back and a down pipe and sports cat or maybe decat. then a revo remap, all these parts fitted will i be able to go straight to a stage 2?

if you can tell me the best parts to use it and maybe a link to websites it would be really appreciated

thanks for your time rob

2. # ADS
    ADS

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by quattro rob View Post
    hi am rob from grimsby am new to these forum as i just bought my a3 1.8t 180 quattro last week its on a 51 with only 42000 on clock fsh etc and its totally standard at the minute lol
    Hi, welcome aboard Rob

Am wanting a few goodies as i want 240-250 bhp by Christmas time, finding it hard to find info about these cars so am after help on what's the best parts to use etc.

Am wanting a air filter, baileys dump valve, turbo inlet pipe, front mount intercooler with pipes, decent cat back and a down pipe and sports cat or maybe decat. then a revo remap, all these parts fitted will i be able to go straight to a stage 2?
    Thats quite a list and a shed load of cash!. 240bhp wont be do-able on your stock KO3S turbo so you'd be looking at a bigger turbo. Go for a remap on your existing one and you'll be about 220bhp.

if you can tell me the best parts to use it and maybe a link to websites it would be really appreciated

thanks for your time rob
    Some bigger brakes, uprated shocks, springs and anti roll bars would be an idea with all that extra poke you're after.

DPM Performace can supply most stuff you need.

For an air filter - Green Cotton
    For the DV - Forge 007P
    Turbo intake pipe - Forge
    Exhaust - look at getting one made (custom)...cheaper than off the shelf such as Miltek etc.
    Remap - Whoever you fancy to be honest.

Hope you have deep pockets!!!

T
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Status
    Rob,read these http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=77745
    I think the remap should be first btw and also Welcome

Neutral

Status
    thanks for info guys

so ill get a green cotton panel filter (p64653), forge inlet pipe (fmgolfind), forge splitter valve (fmdvspltr), forge relocation kit (fmdvrlk) and a custom made exhaust (powerflow or something similar 3" cat back with 1 box??) then a revo stage 1 ill be good for around 220 bhp for now until bigger turbo time next year

i've found some vented front and rear discs from ebc and a set of ebc greenstuff pads for the braking, some h@r coil overs for suspension and am not sure on the anti roll bar?.

ill have it up to this spec by new year then ill start saving for a bigger turbo, rods, down pipe and sport cat
    Last edited by quattro rob; 1st November 2009 at 00:09.

5th Gear

Status
    youll need revo stage two for get the maximum out of your k03s. or a custom remap, definatly get the braakes, but wouldnt go the full suspension way. i dont think its needed, but if youve got the money ready then go full suspension. wait till all your performance mods are done then get a remap. for 600 you can get your turbo rebuilt into a hybrid, giving you around 270bhp.
    Its gone replaced with a mk2 golf gti 16v :D

Neutral

Status
    thanks for ur help guys

4th Gear

Status
    A cheap brake upgrade is to fit the brakes off an S3/TT as they are 312mm compared to 288mm for the A3, then get some decent pads. The only parts that are needed are the calliper carriers and then the bigger disks. Makes quite an improvement.
    03 Ebony black S3, Dieselgeek short shift, its started..

Neutral

Status
    ok cheers, were the best place to buy carriers and callipers from thanks

Neutral

Status
    woke up this morning to find a box from forge, so spent the day fitting my forge t.i.p, forge cold side and forge spitter (which is a good bit of kit, can change from fully recirculation valve to dump valve in 30 seconds flat, also has 48 different spring setting which also take less 30 seconds to adjust) overall please (baring having to take driver headlamp and front bumper off to undo 1 jubilee clip, which was facing down of all places). please with the overall looks will take some pics when light, seems to pull abit harder but nothing to brag about really, just waiting for green cotton to come then stage 1 remap next Tuesday

VX220 SC Driver :)

Status
    Remap will make a difference believe me, it will completely change the way the car drives. You'll be happier than a pig rolling around in the brown stuff!

Which map have you gone for? REVO maps are nice and aggressive! But to be fair, any map will give you what you're after!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Neutral

Status
    revo stage 1 cant wait
    Last edited by quattro rob; 4th November 2009 at 17:06.

Status
    Cool, this will be the slowest week of your life, I hate waiting for stuff!

You'll love it dude, so much more aggressive!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Homer Simpson

Neutral

Status
    hopefully
    yeah me 2, waiting for stuff is boring

Neutral

Status
    green cotton came today, so smoothed out the airbox and fiited filter seems to be able to hear it spool up better and seems to pull harder just got 3 days left till remap
    13.8 santapod gti fest 2010 class g 1st place winner. A3 1.8 20vt 180 quattro, Revo stage 2.5 map,[/B] Forge tip, forge cold side, Forge splitter valve, Carbonio cold intake with aem filter,decat pipe, 2.5inch exhaust, k03s turbo with forge actuator, revs fmc with forge houses, j n75 valve, 4 bar fuel reg, hid's, 17" tt alloys t1r

Status

I'm feeling that vibe, I'm currently waiting for Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2 :-). Pick it up at midnight tomorrow!!
    Homer Simpson