EML light, strange

tonyjohnson

Reaction score
afternoon, just after a bit of advice. I was driving along earlier my eml light came on, i have no idea why. the car still drives exactly as it did before. Strange! thankyou in advance for any advice. its a 2002 a3 sport quattro (6)
:think:

You need to get it scanned with vagcom mate, we cant really advise much else as we dont know the reason if there arent any symptoms as such.

just thought it was strange made no difference at all. even though the display says OK when i start it but the eml light stays on

The ok display is a different check, its a self check for bulbs, water,oil and washer fluid etc. the MIL is the engines way to tell you it needs scanning/checking as a sensor or similar needs attention

Mine came up on my car before (and made no difference in driving) got it scanned next day it was my o2 sensor pre cat, got the code cleared, to check it, it came back on, so had a new o2 senesor fitted, So worth like everyone saying get it scanned, can be a few things,

scanned it myself today it came up with 'catalyst system efficiency below threshold.'