3" dp + cat?

Y83OLK

Hulk Smash!
Reaction score
Hi all.
Im looking to get a 3" downpipe with cat in the near future.
Can you recommend anyone?. ive seen the pipeworx ones on ebay, are they any good?.
Ive heard good things about the 42dd ones.. but not sure if they export to the uk.

Also, would it fit directly to the joiner on my OEM system? or would i need a complete aftermarket exhaust?.

Thanks
Callum

Blueflame, our apprentice fitted one to his S3 last week. 3" downpipe and sport cat which fits straight in.

Blueflame, our apprentice fitted one to his S3 last week. 3" downpipe and sport cat which fits straight in.

On special on Awesome GTI, probably only through Oct...

Blueflame Offer (02/10/2009 @ 10:52:30)Continuing our montly offers to celebrate 20years in business, this month we have teamed up with Blueflame to offer a discount on the exhaust products they offer for the Audi TT Mk1 and Audi S3 8L1.

We will shortly be adding the complete range of Blueflame exhausts for all models to our website.

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=13805&xSec=1880

Last edited:
s£ why so shocked? I got my s3 at 19, there not that expensive, its just running them thats expensive haha.

Second that, plus im 19 im still an apprentice, still got two years left ! I was thinking of an s3, but the insurance was £1000 more than the a3, can you just get a 3 inch downpipe and make it fit onto your original cat? As only the downpipes really restrictive on the exhaust system ?

Not really as your original cat is split into two, so you'd have to fabricate and adaptor togo from the one hole of the 3"DP to then split into two to join the cat's, not going to have enough room and for the hassle it'd be easier and cheaper to get a cat to suit.

Oh ok cheers, but from cat back youd be ok. Ive heard good things about custom chrome in hertfordshire, think they offered around £700 for a full turbo back system. Ill get the prices still got the email. downpipe £150 cat £200 system £300-£350

Last edited:
That's a really good price considering what pipewrx charge just for their DP and cat.

I had my S3 about 3 month turning 20, few younguns on here. Im getting a custon 3" turbo for £600 but thats running a de cat.

Hi
As has been said though it is a good price but , the offer finnishes today ;)
Sarah

Think you should extend it. Might get some more orders and every one counts especially in the recession.... :)

im 20 aswel lol !

I thought the standard cat design was really good and not worth changing ?

The downpipe is suspose to be very very restrictive. Ive seen a picture of it. looks bad!

I like the idea of the dp and cat but if your not going hybird there's no point... You would be better getting a fmic so you can use all the power all the time, the dp is not restrictive with the ko4 there's no point. So tuning it to make it run hotter will in fact give you less power after a few thrashings!

ess three said in a thread that its not worth havibng a new turbo back unless going hybrid or bt, as S£ just said, fmic isnt needed but they work really well.

our apprentice is 18, so far has 3" downpipe, sport cat, forge fmic and cai. 3" downpipe makes loads of difference

what would happen if you have a 3" downpipe and cat then onto a 2.5inch cat back?

why wouldnt you just keep the standard S3 system then? When i do mine it'll be 3" all the way to the back.

Because i havnt got an s3. And because if you dont need it no point int getting a full turbo back. Id just do the DP and cat.

Any turbo car will benefit from the biggest exhaust you can fit as the turbo is a massive restriction

Yer but itll only feel more free flowing, if the exhaust is big enough for the turbo to work ok, then what will having a bigger diameter make, with a bigger turbo i understand as your making more fumes pressure ( i dunno what its called). But yer itd be best to have a full turbo back if going hyrbid or above, but on a standard turbo, itll only be for a bit more responsiveness, and that for £700 is quite a bit of money.

I do mods with the future in mind, 3" all the way back may be a little excessive for a standard S3 but when i get my hybrid i will be prepared and wouldnt have bought two exhausts and as ive said the less backpressure in the exhaust you can get the better life is. If my apprentice's car comes on boost earlier and holds it for longer with just a downpipe and cat then whats the point in making the rest of the exhaust more restrictive?

Yer true, if youve got plans for the future then get it done, whole system.

I have had a 3" dp and 3" system fitted recently at pipewerx. Really impressed with the quality of fit, workmanship and no droning. Definitely recommended