Inlet manifold (A3,S3)

emery1990

Reaction score
Are they the same but just flipped around, i.e. have they got the same flow rate. Asking as after talking to cr turbos they said that a k04 turbo hybrided would give figures of 330bhp-340bhp if on a ko4 manifold whilst the k03s hybrid 280bhp-300bhp. You can get a k04 from backdraft thats a direct replacement, fitting onto the a3 manifold. If they are the same then couldnt I uin theory get 320bhp+ on my a3, but these figures seem pretty high.

From memory the S3 one is bigger... I will have a look at Bill's tomorrow if I remember as I am sure he has one lying about somewhere...

The S3 inlet mani despite what anyone says will flow ok if you are not chasing numbers... I still use one on my car and it does ok power wise ;P

330/340 is a bit optimistic for a K04 tbh... seen quite a few highly modded ibizas pass through Bill's and the best I have seen yet only flows 220g/s through the MAF which equates to an approximate 275bhp... the last one had water/meth injection fitted which brought it to 290ish but potential for a torque figure of well over 300ftlbs... heading into rod replacement territory then...

<tuffty/>

Lets apply a bit of common sense....look at the manifold...

What issues can you spot by turning one over/flipping it?

20VTAMK.jpg

The first obvious one I can see are that the throttle body will be sticking up rather than tucking down meaning you wont be able to close your bonnet. The second clanger would be that where it goes into each cylinder is on angle, so if you flip it, it'll be sticking up too far, again meaning no bonnet closing for you. Imagine looking at one 'end on' and look how it goes to the block into each cylinder, its not straight out the side, they're aimed downwards.

Aside from that I very much doubt that the studs etc would line up.

So in short, I'd say no...one wont fit if flipped over.

I didnt literally mean flip it lolas thats being stupid, I know you cant flip it over. I ment it as in flow terms, if you was to change my mani for an s3 one and do all the changes required, but thought a person helping me with the question would know i didnt actually mean flip it around. I thought the bhp was a bit extreme, thats bt territory.

Had a look today, A3 mani goes narrower from the throttle body to the end where the S3 one is the same width throughout which suggests it flows more.

<tuffty/>