New Number Plates?

S3-Oski

Reaction score
Hi all, im currently in the process of getting a new set of number plates, as my front one has a few marks on it what wont come off, so looks a little scruffy,

I was just going to order a set from Audi, i have seen a few threads about the metal ones, First of are they 100% legal?

Would people just get a new set from audi, or would you go for something a bit different?

My car in totaly standard looking so not to bothered about making it look different just improving what i have,,

cherrs Oski

I'm yet to realise whats wrong with a standard plastic plate, or am I missing something?

Metal ones aren't legal, I have german style(font and the euro ring with a D) aluminium ones. When I posted on here that I had bought and used them I got flamed for it. If you don't want the hassle just buy a set of 100% plastic legal ones or you could face being lectured about it, or possibly buy whatever plates you wish but just don't post about it on here!!

Metal ones aren't legal, I have german style(font and the euro ring with a D) aluminium ones. When I posted on here that I had bought and used them I got flamed for it. If you don't want the hassle just buy a set of 100% plastic legal ones or you could face being lectured about it, or possibly buy whatever plates you wish but just don't post about it on here!!

You didnt get flamed at all, you got peoples opinions........ I'm not sure what else you expected but anyway.

Welly, if you do by them and post on here dont throw your teddies out your pram when you're told they're not legal or people dont like them. If you like them then buy them (knowing the risk) as its your car.

Ah I forgot they'd be going on the holy grail of Audi. No worries then mate, you'll do no wrong on here.

Ah I forgot they'd be going on the holy grail of Audi. No worries then mate, you'll do no wrong on here.

:lmfao:

Serious question, whats with all the attitude?.

People said they didnt like yours, get over it. What number plates you decide to have on your car isnt going to keep anyone off here awake at night with worry so stop flattering yourself!!.

:lmfao:

Serious question, whats with all the attitude?.

People said they didnt like yours, get over it. What number plates you decide to have on your car isnt going to keep anyone off here awake at night with worry so stop flattering yourself!!.

The last thing I'm gonna do is take anything anyone says on here to heart. I'm not flattering myself and there is no attitude. It's blatantly obvious how anything other than an S3 or a 1.8T is clearly a waste of time on here.
Back on topic, get whatever plates you think look good.

Welly, if you do by them and post on here dont throw your teddies out your pram when you're told they're not legal or people dont like them. If you like them then buy them (knowing the risk) as its your car.

Whilst I agree with your point, I'd like to point out that it's not actually me getting them....?!

The last thing I'm gonna do is take anything anyone says on here to heart. I'm not flattering myself and there is no attitude. It's blatantly obvious how anything other than an S3 or a 1.8T is clearly a waste of time on here.
Back on topic, get whatever plates you think look good.

Dont be soft, but if thats what you think then fair enough.

And Welly, oops :ninja:

The dubmeister ones are legal read the evidence on their website. I have them on mine and have had them on my other VAG Motors because I like how they look on my car. I also have number plate surrounds from Audi Zentrum Ingolstadt as well and thats my choice too.
If we all did the same to our cars it would be a boring world out there.
At the end of the day your car is a projection of your personality, do as you want and don't bow to peer pressure.

Thanks for the replys, think im just going to get some original ones, as it seems a little grey area even though they state they are 100% legal, id rather not bother incase, they cause grief, cheers