EM TuningMonster Motorsport
    2nd Gear

Status

New Number Plates?

Hi all, im currently in the process of getting a new set of number plates, as my front one has a few marks on it what wont come off, so looks a little scruffy,

I was just going to order a set from Audi, i have seen a few threads about the metal ones, First of are they 100% legal?

Would people just get a new set from audi, or would you go for something a bit different?

My car in totaly standard looking so not to bothered about making it look different just improving what i have,,

cherrs Oski
    2001, Ming Blue, Aluminium Mirrors, Revo!, Bose, Parking sensors, Sunroof,

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    google dubmeister, there plate service explains and shows you legal and show

2003 B6 Audi A4 Avant. 3.0 V6 Quattro Sport

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by paul26982 View Post
    google dubmeister, there plate service explains and shows you legal and show

Thanks Paul,

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    I'll save you the hassel of googling:

http://www.dubmeister.co.uk/

8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Westle View Post
    I'll save you the hassel of googling:

http://www.dubmeister.co.uk/

Cheers mate im on allready.

Smell my finger.

Status
    I'm yet to realise whats wrong with a standard plastic plate, or am I missing something?
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    Nothing is wrong with them but the metal plates are just very european and a bit different to the norm in this country.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

1st Gear

Status
    Metal ones aren't legal, I have german style(font and the euro ring with a D) aluminium ones. When I posted on here that I had bought and used them I got flamed for it. If you don't want the hassle just buy a set of 100% plastic legal ones or you could face being lectured about it, or possibly buy whatever plates you wish but just don't post about it on here!!

Testing dodgy Chinese gear...

Status
    I'd of just replied with your sig!! Each to their own!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Marriage is like a coffin and each kid is another nail."
    Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by Prawn View Post
    Wellyboots, you are quite literally my most favourite pikey in the entire world

Smell my finger.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Davsurfa View Post
    Metal ones aren't legal, I have german style(font and the euro ring with a D) aluminium ones. When I posted on here that I had bought and used them I got flamed for it. If you don't want the hassle just buy a set of 100% plastic legal ones or you could face being lectured about it, or possibly buy whatever plates you wish but just don't post about it on here!!

You didnt get flamed at all, you got peoples opinions........ I'm not sure what else you expected but anyway.

Welly, if you do by them and post on here dont throw your teddies out your pram when you're told they're not legal or people dont like them. If you like them then buy them (knowing the risk) as its your car.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

1st Gear

Status
    Ah I forgot they'd be going on the holy grail of Audi. No worries then mate, you'll do no wrong on here.

Smell my finger.

Status
    Ah I forgot they'd be going on the holy grail of Audi. No worries then mate, you'll do no wrong on here.

Serious question, whats with all the attitude?.

People said they didnt like yours, get over it. What number plates you decide to have on your car isnt going to keep anyone off here awake at night with worry so stop flattering yourself!!.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A3Tom View Post

Serious question, whats with all the attitude?.

People said they didnt like yours, get over it. What number plates you decide to have on your car isnt going to keep anyone off here awake at night with worry so stop flattering yourself!!.

The last thing I'm gonna do is take anything anyone says on here to heart. I'm not flattering myself and there is no attitude. It's blatantly obvious how anything other than an S3 or a 1.8T is clearly a waste of time on here.
    Back on topic, get whatever plates you think look good.

Status
    Welly, if you do by them and post on here dont throw your teddies out your pram when you're told they're not legal or people dont like them. If you like them then buy them (knowing the risk) as its your car.
    Whilst I agree with your point, I'd like to point out that it's not actually me getting them....?!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Homer Simpson

Smell my finger.

Status
    The last thing I'm gonna do is take anything anyone says on here to heart. I'm not flattering myself and there is no attitude. It's blatantly obvious how anything other than an S3 or a 1.8T is clearly a waste of time on here.
    Back on topic, get whatever plates you think look good.
    Dont be soft, but if thats what you think then fair enough.

And Welly, oops

Getting there

Status
    The dubmeister ones are legal read the evidence on their website. I have them on mine and have had them on my other VAG Motors because I like how they look on my car. I also have number plate surrounds from Audi Zentrum Ingolstadt as well and thats my choice too.
    If we all did the same to our cars it would be a boring world out there.
    At the end of the day your car is a projection of your personality, do as you want and don't bow to peer pressure.

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Hmmm.. I fancy some pressed plates.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

Status
    And Welly, oops
    No worries dude
    Homer Simpson

Maz
    Moon is made of green cheese

Status
    I got mine from a local Carnoisseur store via Dubmeister:

http://www.carnoisseurdirect.com/epa...2344%205551%22

Mineral Grey [
    AMK
    ]

2nd Gear

Status
    Thanks for the replys, think im just going to get some original ones, as it seems a little grey area even though they state they are 100% legal, id rather not bother incase, they cause grief, cheers