Cubby box under climate control.

Pat J

Getting there
Reaction score
Ok I'm about to replace my Sony headunit with a new Kenwood headunit with i-pod control and bluetooth. I was going to run the i-pod cable into the cubby hole under the climate control, I need to remove it so I can make a hole in the back of it to run the cable and then my i-pod is not on show.

How do I remove this cubby hole/pocket thing?

All advice and help appreciated as usual

Pat J.:cool:

I had my entire dash apart a couple weeks ago fitting my new stereo.. Its not the quickest of things in the world to get done to be honest. The entire centre section of the dash comes out in one piece..

You need to take the entire lower centre section off which is 4 visible screws then 2 hidden screwn under the rear ash tray. Lift all that over the gear gaiter etc (the gear surround clips off). Once you've done that, you will need to take the glove box off to get at the screws holding in there. There are 2 screws on the drivers side you will get at easily enough, then you need to pop the piano black surround off (where your hazard lights switch is) are there are 2 screws behind there. They are all torx btw not screws, cant be bothered going back and changing it all.. Once you have all the torx screws out its just a case of uncliping the wires for the esp, heating etc then it all comes out in one.

Good luck! Its a major pain in the ***!