Headlamp - what type?

Shink

Reaction score
Hey guys.

I'm going to express my profound ignorance here, but what bulb do I need?

I am not even sure if this is a HID or not? A link to a bulb that will fit will be greatly appreciated.

It's an 03 1.8T Quattro Sport, if that helps.

Thanks!

headlamp-bulb.jpg

Dipped beam is H1 if it's not xenon and D2S if it is.

The easiest way to tell whether you have xenons is to see if you have headlight range control adjustment near your headlight swtich which allows you to move the beam up and down. Xenons don't have this as they are adjusted automatically.

The easiest way to tell whether you have xenons is to see if you have headlight range control adjustment near your headlight swtich which allows you to move the beam up and down. Xenons don't have this as they are adjusted automatically.

OK, cool. I have the level adjustment, so I don't have xenon. Therefore, H1.

Excellent, thanks. Now I just need to figure out how to change the bulb! Probably involves removing half the wheel arch, the bumper and the headlamp unit :think:

The fact it hasn't got headlamp washers is a giveaway its not got factory HIDS/Xenons... (assuming the pic is of your car of course)

UK law requires a vehicle to have both washers and autolevelling for Xenons to be legal.

<tuffty/>