Chris NottSky Insurance
    4th Gear

Status

andymac stealth bass is fantastic ...

just to make sure everyone knows - its unbelievable....

i previously replaced my rear speakers with 17" alpines and the fronts with infinity kappa 50.5c and was pretty pleased, but it still lacked something.

the sub stealth is awesome - difficult to believe the difference and no loss of boot space at all.

i now have satnav plus installed, audi tv tuner, audi phatnoise player, aftermarked dvd player, andymac stealth sub with a fantastic sound and full boot space.

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status

Re: andymac stealth bass is fantastic ...

And 17 inch rear speakers !!!!!!! They must kick out some bass. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

4th Gear

Status

I can't wait till I can install mine, just got to wait for the car to come back after someone ran into it the day before I picked up my AndyMac special. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

imported_cocain

They ain't no 17" speakers . Maybe 17cm. If they were 17" and I could not get no bass out of e'm I'd throw 'em in the bin. Or take my amp crossover off Hi pass!!

3rd Gear

Status

does anyone around the w. mids have one of these subs i could take a listen to please?

havent ever heard the little JLs and would like to take a listen to one [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

Pictures.... can we have some pictures.?? It sounds so good i'm drooling [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

2nd Gear

Status

Oh... and when you say 17" alpines in the rear do you mean the rear shelf or something else?

4th Gear

Status

bloody pendantic lot aren't you? of course i meant 17cm...

install wasnt difficult - just took a lot of time - i did find that the extra bass made everything vibrate - particularly the left rear light cluster, so i had to secure things down with tape and wire wraps properly.

i also jammed wadding between the outer side of the bass enclosure and the innter wing to rigidly fix the cabinet - even with metal straps fixing it, it did tend to move around a little bit.

the amp was the most difficult to fix - i had to drill several holes in the amp casing and the inner metal of the rear left to get it securely fixed, and the parts of the 4 channel amp themselves tended to vibrate within the amps own mounting bracket/heatsink - in the end i stuck a sheet of brown bread damping on the flat surface of the amp to hold all the bits together without vibrating - this would be peculiar to the alpine 4 channel amp i used though.

but definately worth the 3 or 4 hours it took to fix - i also ran a new high quality phono lead and cut into the cd changer lead at head and changer end - the factory one has a very poor lap screening which is crap - i used a specific car one with heavy braided screen and this completely removed the alternator/revs related noise that was in the background.

fantastic product!