Big brake upgrade, A3??

will.f_1.8t

Reaction score
I understand the big brake upgrade is easily achieveable with 312mm carriers and discs from simiar, higher spec cars such as the s3 and tt!!

could anyone give me a definate list of ther cars that would also fit such as; skoda octavia vrs>05, seat ibiza cupra/leon, golf mk5??????

any help on the above cars plus others would be much appreciated, im sure this would help others in the search for a reasonable priced setup!!

cheers will

if you find an ibiza cupra mk4, it runs on 4-pot AP's (branded seat sport) which run on 312mm disks, so would bolt on to your hubs if you run 312mm now

Dont other seats run this 4 -pot system then. I have a a3 quattro, has mine got the 4 pot, if not would it improve things further to my upgrade ive already got?

Nope. All A3/S3s came with crappy single piston sliding caliper.

I bought some brand new AP Racing 4 pots from ebay for £325 posted... Using them with 330mmx28mm 2 piece rotors and bells but can just as easily be used with 323 Leon Cupra discs (cheaper)

<tuffty/>

What calipers are they specifically and did you get custom brackets made?

They are TVR branded AP Racing CP6600 calipers and I got the brackets from Bill at Badger 5

See my build thread for a bit more info... the calipers are still up on ebay but don't know if the guy has any left even though the listing suggests he has...

http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=76389#40

<tuffty/>

Oh so im guessing you cant use them on the 312mm discs anyway ? Next time there in need of changing ill probally go the tuffty route.

312mm discs aren't wide enough mate, soz...

Those calipers (if they haven't gone already) will not be around forever at that price...

<tuffty/>