Absolute nightmare!!!!!!

Alonzo

Reaction score
Right,
I bought my A3 TDI Quattro which had been modded (remapped) to 170Bhp with 270Lb/Ft of torque.

And i booked my car in for a full respray (bodywork was stone chipped to death) and the body shop had my car for 5 days.
Last night i picked up the very nice shiny car and started it up and it was Flat as F*ck???

I mean its sounds like a proper tractor, revs are half as fast at revving and it drives like a tractor!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

WTF has this dude done..Stole my ECU?

To rub salt in the wounds, i spent the day in Manchester (miles from home) and was showing a friend the paint job when he pointed at the 1.9 T.D.I. BADGE!!!
It reads A3 P*02**Y 1.9 D.T.I ..I cant believe this..
How the hell do i remove this and correct it?

Thanks
Danny

Most likely the battery would of been disconnected whilst respraying - dont know if this is the cause though...\maybe somethings been reset?

Dunc

What chip do you have? I had APR on the TT and it defaulted to stock program in the event of a power off.

With regards the badge - if you just want to remove it then warm it up with a hairdryer and then "saw" away with some dentle floss. A quick tidy of the glue and your done.

[ QUOTE ]
scoTTy said:
What chip do you have? I had APR on the TT and it defaulted to stock program in the event of a power off.

With regards the badge - if you just want to remove it then warm it up with a hairdryer and then "saw" away with some dentle floss. A quick tidy of the glue and your done.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont know mate, mod was done when i bought car.

Sounds a bit fubar to me mate as said above likely to have reset but still i hold them responsable for naking your car contact previous owner if you can,have you proof your motor was producing that power then take them to cleaners it maywell be an honest mistake but your the one stuck with it.Good luck and kick some ***.

Meant to add the rear No plate was all warped as if it had been placed ontop of a really hot surface so i paid a visit to halfords with sh*t loads of ID and got them to fit a new plate.
They were working from my paperwork to obtain the car Reg and within 20 mins the new plate was done and i left it at that.
Now after being out in the car for most of the day i heard sirens and spotted a cop car behind me so i pulled over to let him past only to find that it was me he was after!!!!!

The 42Carat plonker had fitted the wrong ending letters on my car..(PPY instead of EPY)
So cops were pretty rough and ordered me out of the car and grilled me like a fat steak!!
The worst part about it was he wouldnt let me know what the problem was , it was mainly him on the walky-talky radioing my details back to base!!
At this point i still didnt know the rear plate was wrong.
Eventually he enlightened me and luckily i every bit of ID available today.
So i got away scott free and opened a can of woop-*** on the Halfords dude who obviously refitted a new one for free.
Ive de-badged the car and polished it and it looks a million bucks!!

And im sellin car soon so i'm gonna leave it crap, i mean standard!
Danny

The first thing to do would take a scout around under the bonnet and see if any conectors have been pulled off and not replaced, particularly the one for the MAF.

If I see an A3 TDi quattro for sale any time soon I will avoid it like the plague ;-)

[ QUOTE ]
geeWceeS3 said:
avoid it like the plague

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't the modern statement more along the lines of 'Avoid it like the clap' ?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Either way the message is clear it isn't good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Right , coming home last night the grinding got worse and as i was in 3rd gear, Then as i was reducing speed i went to go down to 2nd but it wasnt there to select as was 1st!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif
So i accelerated i tried 3rd to 4th which wasnt possible and 4th and 5th wernt possibe either??

So its stuck in 3rd gear, and i had to drive 8 miles through a town, A road and blind T junctions to make it home!!
I arent a member of any recovery companies and my car is just out or warranty.
Any help would be appreciated
thanks
Danny

[ QUOTE ]
Alonzo said:

Any help would be appreciated
thanks
Danny

[/ QUOTE ]

Apart from topping myself lol

with your running problems the A3 tdi PD engine has had a few problems with turbo wastegates recommend checking your boost pressures and with regards to you gearbox could be clutch but sounds more like a gearbox strip down is coming along!!!

[ QUOTE ]
foolish3uk said:
sounds more like a gearbox strip down is coming along!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct, managed to drive car into garage 5 miles away for full gearbox strip and clutch inspection.
Gonna have the car for a few days he said.
Anyone hazard a guess of how much im looking at paying?

Roughly i mean as it could be the selector fork or anything really?

put some black tape over the last 0 and hope they don't see it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

It sounds like it could maybe be as simple as a selector adjustment or something painful like a broken baulking ring.

For a stripped gearbox and rebuild it was £350 on my MkII 16V golf so thats a basic 2WD ballpark figure!

I would take it to an audi dealer anyway as its only 3k out of wanrranty and they might honour it as its soo close and an uncommon problem!

[ QUOTE ]
nervus said:
It sounds like it could maybe be as simple as a selector adjustment or something painful like a broken baulking ring.

For a stripped gearbox and rebuild it was £350 on my MkII 16V golf so thats a basic 2WD ballpark figure!

I would take it to an audi dealer anyway as its only 3k out of wanrranty and they might honour it as its soo close and an uncommon problem!

[/ QUOTE ]

The Garage has had my A3 for 4 days and still hasn't looked at it!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif
I've rang round for other companies in the area and they keep giving me scary quotes of around £3K!!!

Check mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Alonzo said:
[ QUOTE ]
nervus said:

[/ QUOTE ]

The Garage has had my A3 for 4 days and still hasn't looked at it!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif
I've rang round for other companies in the area and they keep giving me scary quotes of around £3K!!!

Check mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Spoke to Audi and they have decided very kindly to replace the gearbox out of good will!!!!!!!!!!!
Now thats what i call good customer service!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

So got my car back from mr Bodget & Scarper and now at Audi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So list of parts fitted to my car within a couple of months:-

1) New turbo
2) New waste gate
3) New MAF
4) New gearbox
To name a few......And a new respray....So milage aside this is a brand new car!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bet Nissan wouldnt of been this nice!!!!