Hybrid K04

vetch

A4 Avant
Reaction score
If I was to get my turbo Hybridised (and yes, apparently that is the correct term), would I encounter problems driving the car with the current map?

I know I wouldnt be able to take full advantage of the Hybrid turbo without a specific remap, but as a remap is around £400-500, Im thinking of getting the turbo done first, and the remap later.

What do we think?

If you haven't got the money to get the car mapped yet I wouldn't bother buying it unless your turbo is on its way out. Have you got a FMIC, panel filter, 3" DP yet?

If your turbo is OK for now I would spend the money on getting the other stuff in place (FMIC first) then get the turbo on and mapped... getting the turbo first won't give you anything... mapping without at least a FMIC and panel filter is pointless...

FMIC first, 3" DP then turbo and mapping would be the way I would go about it personally..

<tuffty/>

Last edited:
Sound advice Tuffty.

FMIC and 3" DP will happen in addition to the Hybrid. But, due to time, money and needing the car on the road, I will be hoping to do it gradually over 6 months, maybe a little less. So if the car will be driveable with the Hybrid, I shall go ahead with my plan.

If you haven't got the money to get the car mapped yet I wouldn't bother buying it unless your turbo is on its way out. Have you got a FMIC, panel filter, 3" DP yet?

If your turbo is OK for now I would spend the money on getting the other stuff in place (FMIC first) then get the turbo on and mapped... getting the turbo first prob won't hurt anything but won't give you anything either... mapping without at least a FMIC and panel filter is pointless...

FMIC first, 3" DP then turbo and mapping would be the way I would go about it personally..

<tuffty/>

if you fit hybrid and dont mnap it, you risk it leaning out if its flowing more than your map will fuel it - extreme case is melted engine internals

if you fit hybrid and dont mnap it, you risk it leaning out if its flowing more than your map will fuel it - extreme case is melted engine internals

Ah, thanks for that. I guess I'll get the DP and FMIC done in stages and then get the Hybrid and map at the same time.

Hmmm, you'll be telling me to ditch the slicks next? How boring!

How are my brakes doing? And have you sprayed the bumper yet?!