Getting my gearbox rebuilt at last :)

Ballcrusher

NO CAT JUST 3" STRAIT THREW
Reaction score
Website
www.incar-forum.com
cars been off road now for 18 months but found company in luton that a friends been dealing with and to fully rebuild my S3 gearbox and recovering it for me to. So well chuffed and the total price is £645 but could be cheaper if its only part rebuld so fingers crossed it will be ready for the 1st week in december.

You upratin the gearboxs internals or just having standard parts?

£645 to rebuild and refit the gearbox, and it took you 18 months?

When The gearbox blew up on my S3, I just sourced a 2nd hand one off fleabay for £350 I think I paid inc. transfer box, new clutch was £160 odd, and labour was £225 or there abouts, so under £750 and 2 weeks I was back on the road!

I take it the clutch you have is uprated and still usable, or it would be more cost effective to change to a new one whilst the gearbox is off.

Im from luton area mate!! where you taking it?

Last edited:
skint for 18 months jojo and family come first but my loving FORD C MAX gets me about in style :rock:. as for the gearbox its going to be fully rebuilt with standard internals and with a 12 month warranty or 12000 miles. also its booked in to jbs to have 3" turbo down pipe fitted and the map tweeked. i.ll keep you all updated.

so true...family and a whole mountain of other things come before a piece of metal with four wheels.
good to see you'll be back on the road with the orgy.

Ballcrusher, what have you done to the car to get those figures if you havent already got a 3"DP?

skint for 18 months jojo and family come first but my loving FORD C MAX gets me about in style :rock:. as for the gearbox its going to be fully rebuilt with standard internals and with a 12 month warranty or 12000 miles. also its booked in to jbs to have 3" turbo down pipe fitted and the map tweeked. i.ll keep you all updated.

Fair enough mate, it's all about the priorities. I wonder how good the warranty is with the extra power you are running through the gearbox?