Can't get into car

02audis3

Reaction score
problem after problem:( im not driving car s3 till end of year so its sitting in drive a bit away from my home.

so, my original battery went flat after 1 week of sitting there. i bought new battery was starting in roughly every 4 days,

so today went up to car and fob didnt work my dash isnt lit up also so do you think its defo the battery?

my key fob wont open the door or boot can i somehow get the bonnet open from underneath. :bye:

You could just use the 'key' bit... I know its 'old skool' but worth a try....

<tuffty/>

Use the Key... old fashioned way... put it in door. turn.
It will be the battery, mine did the same. dont try boot as they use micro switchs which obviously need power. pop the bonnet. your away

i have two keys that only open door and not engine well im hoping, my fob doesnt work opening the door prev owner changed locks, need to travel back home then head back to car and try, thanks

opened door with the stadard keys i have, and then alarm went off opened and shut door again then tried fob and fob works as normal weird.. does the audi dash stay lit 24/7 cause i thought it used to mine doesnt

Not being funny mate but didnt using the key even remotely (pun intended) pop up as an idea, lol, come on mate

No the dash only stays lit when you either turn ignition on or when you press one of the stalks & even then when just a stalk pressed it times out if no ignition on.

Give her a 10 minute start everyday to keep everything turning as such & a weekly run is also an idea as I did for my S3 when I was running the S4.

Not being funny mate but didnt using the key even remotely (pun intended) pop up as an idea, lol, come on mate

it did nhn, just didnt no for sure if the old keys would work, thought that cause my fob never opened door remotely that they wouldnt, i thought the alarm shut down everything, still new to having s3 not really clued up yet.

TBH its not an S3 thing having door locks, i understand they have been around for a while. They put the lock on there so you can open the door mechaniclay should the battery die.