Sky InsuranceBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

Can't get into car

problem after problem im not driving car s3 till end of year so its sitting in drive a bit away from my home.

so, my original battery went flat after 1 week of sitting there. i bought new battery was starting in roughly every 4 days,

so today went up to car and fob didnt work my dash isnt lit up also so do you think its defo the battery?

my key fob wont open the door or boot can i somehow get the bonnet open from underneath.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    You could just use the 'key' bit... I know its 'old skool' but worth a try....

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

6th Gear

Status
    Use the Key... old fashioned way... put it in door. turn.
    It will be the battery, mine did the same. dont try boot as they use micro switchs which obviously need power. pop the bonnet. your away
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

1st Gear

Status
    i have two keys that only open door and not engine well im hoping, my fob doesnt work opening the door prev owner changed locks, need to travel back home then head back to car and try, thanks

1st Gear

Status
    opened door with the stadard keys i have, and then alarm went off opened and shut door again then tried fob and fob works as normal weird.. does the audi dash stay lit 24/7 cause i thought it used to mine doesnt

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Not being funny mate but didnt using the key even remotely (pun intended) pop up as an idea, lol, come on mate

No the dash only stays lit when you either turn ignition on or when you press one of the stalks & even then when just a stalk pressed it times out if no ignition on.

Give her a 10 minute start everyday to keep everything turning as such & a weekly run is also an idea as I did for my S3 when I was running the S4.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

1st Gear

Status
    [QUOTE=NHN;830537]Not being funny mate but didnt using the key even remotely (pun intended) pop up as an idea, lol, come on mate

it did nhn, just didnt no for sure if the old keys would work, thought that cause my fob never opened door remotely that they wouldnt, i thought the alarm shut down everything, still new to having s3 not really clued up yet.

Photographic Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Broken Byzan On Twitter Add Broken Byzan on Facebook Add Broken Byzan on Google+ Visit Broken Byzan's Youtube Channel
    TBH its not an S3 thing having door locks, i understand they have been around for a while. They put the lock on there so you can open the door mechaniclay should the battery die.