Turbo whirl gotten louder!

zeeeebo

Lifes one big laugh
Reaction score
today i noticed my turbo is whirling very loud!!! it has done a wopping 138k on this turbo! and was wondering what kind of mileage a normal turbo does!
also is the k03s a straight swap? if so do i need to modify the engine to handle extra power?

Well you will need to map it to get the best from it, Just bolting on a turbo will do nothing for you.

Back to you Bill, was reading between the lines of your answer,lol

haha very confused!haha yes no?

yer i gathered you would have to map it! so it doesnt make any differennce if you dont get it custom mapped? what about just a revo map ? would that make any difference?

if the car was to be remapped after the k03s is fitted... it would probably be a map aimed at a car usualy fitted with the k03s such as an aniversary golf or a skoda octavia vrs...
by doin this you would be getting a great upgrade

To clear up Badger Bill's exceptionally concise answer for you lol

also is the k03s a straight swap?

Yes.

if so do i need to modify the engine to handle extra power?

No.

Getting it mapped would unlock the extra power afforded by a KO3s though.

At least that's my understanding. Hope this helps ^_^

haha very confused!haha yes no?

yer i gathered you would have to map it! so it doesnt make any differennce if you dont get it custom mapped? what about just a revo map ? would that make any difference?

if you have revo now, then dialing it with an sps select unit and logging may get more out of it.. usually revo code asks for more than possible from a k03 anyhows, so the k03s should hang in there longer...
OR if you dont already have revo, then consider a map done for k03s on your motor from the likes of custom code etc

regards