S3 revs not dropping!!!!

• Thread starter imported_prawnie5217
  • Start date
I

imported_prawnie5217

For the last couple of weeks I have noticed that the revs on my girlfriends S3 do not drop instantly when you put your foot on the clutch!!!!

Any ideas what the problem could be???

I have recently had to replace the clutch pedal and associated switch on the pedal housing, could this have caused the problem?????

Try a search for more detail, as this has been asked previously, but the short story is its actually quite 'normal'

Dunc

As dunc says.. something to do with the ECU detecting that your accelerating hard and maintaining the revs in accordance.. personally I hated it ..

eh? Why would the engine's RPM drop when you press the clutch?

Do you mean when you take your foot off the accelarator?

Yeah im not a big fan of it and yes it is the same on other new VAG cars.

Would a lightened flywheel really fix that?

it sounds like the clutch switch not working again.

does this happen while idling in neutral... you raise the revs and they take forever to fall? if it does try pulling the accelerator pedal up with your hand and seeing if the revs drop. that was the problem i had and needed a new throttle pedal assy. to fix it (when the car got heat soaked the pedal would not fully return... maybe by 1mm) .

YES! ABSOLUTELY!
It must be the clutch switch.
I had the same problem. Extremely annoying. Not only the car but also some dealerships who claimed that it was normal. Also got alot of the heavy flywheel crap... But if it was NOT there before it cant suddenly appear. Eventually got a new and even more faulty switch and with the service manager sitting in my car with me, the cause of the problem was evident. Got a new switch and my Rev's drop nicely now. Change the clutch switch cause you will not regret it! <font color="blue"> </font>

SYNAPS3 - Just add MDMA