Anyone fancy swapping their Forge 007p for my Forge SplitR?

Az

Hard slammed!
Reaction score
As the title says guys!

I've got a Forge SplitR on my 1.8T, the previous owner put it on the car, bit of a long story but I used to own this car about a year and a half ago, sold it to a bloke at work and ended up buying it back about a month ago after selling my S3.

The SplitR isn't really my thing, don't get me wrong, it's a brilliant bit of kit if you want a recirculating and dumping valve which won't upset the ecu readings, but I would just prefer to get a Forge 007p recirculating valve back on it as it was when I previously owned it.

Would prefer to meet locally if someone is willing to swap, the SplitR is obviously more expensive than the 007 but I'm not interested in that, as long as it works as it should and is in excellent condition as my SplitR is then I'll be happy.

I live in Hemel Hempstead, Herts, jct 20 m25 or jct 8 m1, don't mind travelling a bit to meet, but within reason!

Cheers,
Az

there is a blanking plug that comes with the splitR so you can have it fully recirc, i have a splitR and have blanked mine off so its just like a 007 but adjustable spring rateing which is better imo

Yeah I know what your saying Kev, I haven't got any instructions with it, I know there are videos on YouTube etc of how to adjust it and that but I'd just prefer to have the straight forward recirc valve on it, plus my engine cover doesn't fit on with the splitR due to it being bigger than the 007 and my front mount piping.

The Forge diverter valves, 007p and SplitR fit all 1.8T models across the vag range, they also fit the S range such as S4, S6 iirc.

Where abouts near Manchester are you mate? I'm a hgv driver and going to our depot in handforth dean near alderly edge everyday this week apart from Friday, including Saturday. I pass through holmes chapel if I come off the m6 at jct 18, or I come off jct 15 and go through congleton.

Well, I was saying to meet if your around your home if you live anywhere near where I mentioned? I'd be happy to meet if your in those neck of the woods? But if not no probs mate, cheers for the interest otherwise.

see the FORGE SPLITTER SPLIT-R DUMP VALVE, Is that the one you can either have it on silent with cap on or have the trumpet on for the tsssssshhh sound ? thanks

And is it a 2 sec change over?