Help head in pieces!

dela

Reaction score
was doing 110 on my private road last week when my timing belt decided to pass on to the after life, unfortunately it cracked the head in 2 and made a mess of 2 pistons.

which 20v T engines can i scavange a head out of as ebay is asking for £450 for a head with valves!

or even better does anyone have a head going spare?

God i'd love to see where everyone find's all these private roads :)

If you have an AMK engine then it will be VVT. Any small port 20v head should be OK and you can transfer your VVT controller etc over if it doesn't have one. Be wary as breakers may try and charge a premium for an 'S' head over a normal 20v one when they are technically the same thing.

<tuffty/>

TBH if you are never going to run any big power through it, any 20V turbo head will suffice, as there are 2 castings on the main head, small port( which you have) and large port. Now whilst technically the flow through the inlet will be disrupted due to slight differences in ports if you used a large port version on a normal tune i would not expect anyone to notice.

can anyone acctualy confirm this for me because fixing up my engines turning to be very expensive as it is without buying the wrong head, fitting it and then it not working. my friend i spoke to is a Vag tuner and said only to use the 210/225 engines, it would help me alot if this was untrue but i really need a definite answer

Like said, any 20v turbo head should fit, there's a guy on the sc.net forum who bought a BAM engined LCR that had a APU head fitted, he didnt even know, running perfect for over 18 month.

so will the one in the link fit? i will be looking at a hybrid turbo so need the engine running as sweet as poss, thanks for your help

I'd stick to an AMK head.
I would have thought an AMK or BAM head are swappable...but to be sure, just stick to an AMK head.

Badger Bill would know i'm sure...he'll probably know off the top of his head which heads are compatible.

almost any smallport head will fit... just check egr drilling is there on yours vs the ones you look at. swap cams and tensioner/vvt etc

I have a smallport head here which you can come look at to compare etc.
bring your cracked one with you. it should be compatible

bell me on 07976 800775 if you want to pop round and see or discuss etc
regards
bill