Re dv recirculating type

gumball b

[OLD SKOOL CRUISER]
Reaction score
i have a stndard 02 S3 bam 225 bhp it has the standard plastic bosh dv there can be a bit of a delay when i put foot down, would this be the cause,:s3addict: and should i look to replace this with an upgrade or could it be something else thanks gumball b

What do you mean by 'delay'?

Its a turbo car, they do have turbo lag. Do you mean more of a delay than usual?

i feel the same, the turbo lag on s3's is pretty bad i think

personally i'd replace it with the forge item as stock items can be a little restrictive but thats my personal opinion m8

My car suffers with this also, used to be quite violently and throw me forward on my seat!

Fitted a 007 and it has made it better but its still there! worth the money I would say tho! Would recommend a green panel filter to put in ur airbox also!

ta mate i thought the same will change it soon and see how it goes wil let you no if any better gumball b:s3addict:

yes mate it dont do all the time either hard to explain it is like a bit of a flat spot not owned a turbo before so not to sure gumball b

thanks for that mate was going to change both and see how she goes will let you no if any better gumball b

yes mate it dont do all the time either hard to explain it is like a bit of a flat spot not owned a turbo before so not to sure gumball b

from going from just under 3 000 rpm to just above right? is your car re-mapped, cos mine got worse when the boost was turned up! being meaning to get it adjusted but just haven't had the time!

not re mapped all totaly standard so no upgrades to make other parts dodgey you no what i mean gumball b

Sounds like your maf sensor could do with being replaced, My old s3 was the same, changed the maf for a new one and it was like a different car afterwards, the maf's can become 'lazy' with age so don't respond as quick as they should.

thanks az someone else told me it could be the maff sensor is it an expensive fix gumball b

It's not really an expensive fix, I paid £85 for a new maf sensor and housing from APS when my old S3 went in for a service. It's a simple job to swap, anyone with the slightest mechanical knowledge can replace it, 10-15 minute job.

No probs mate, hopefully it will solve your problem, it did with my old s3.