Revo stage 1 trial ???

john_s3

Reaction score
hi guys,im new to the site and new to audi,just brought a 99 audi s3 and wanted to know where i can get a revo stage 1 trial done,im in northampton ,will post pics of my new car vey shortly,just uploading now

regards john

also anybody who has revo stage one on a standard car,would you reconmend it and what power did your car achieve ??

This link should help you find someone who can give you the trial:

http://www.revotechnik.com/locateDealer/ukSort.aspx

I had it on mine, HUGE grin factor once you get a chance to open it up. Problem for me was that it massively highlighted the other weaknesses of the car and so I figure if I go down the remap route then I'll need to upgrade brakes as an absolute minimum as well, ideally suspension as well - plus the general opinion is that you should upgrade the diverter valve as well, so it starts to get pretty expensive. As well as it blowing old coil packs.

Also note that there are various claims as to what the trial does once it expires - some say it returns the power to less than before, or that you can have problems if you decide to get a non-Revo map, worth a search through the other threads on this forum I'd suggest

cheers for the reply,so did it really make you think the brakes and suspension wasnt up to the job with the extra power? and how much is it to replace coil packs etc and is it a common problem after remapping?

regards john

coil packs are under £30 and easy job - they're fairly common to go, especially with a 10 yr old car - but if they do go they should be fine as long as you replace them with genuine Audi ones.

It took a while for me to get used to the speed and I was coming in to corners I know a lot faster than I would of done normally without realising - I've never had any cause for concern with the stock brakes until then, but they really didn't feel up to the job.

Could be my bad driving - if I was more prepared I would have slowed down earlier etc...

Brakes much more of a concern for me than suspension to be honest, I don't tend to drive like too much of a loon through the bends so suspension would be a nice to have rather than essential - a blast along motorway sliproads doesn't demand the finest handling!

Also note that there are various claims as to what the trial does once it expires - some say it returns the power to less than before, or that you can have problems if you decide to get a non-Revo map, worth a search through the other threads on this forum I'd suggest

Revo trial resorts back to settings emulating that of a std file. Its still Revo but it settings are that of the std OEM map.

Not all remappers can overwrite a Revo trial once on but if you decide to go back to the mapper who put it on then there should be no problem.

<tuffty/>

so once ive had revo demo on it inm stuck with revo or nothing ??
that would really suck

Not stuck, most decent mappers will be able to overwrite the revo trial with whatever you want but some tools don't always work. True if you have a Revo trial then it will remain on your ECU until you get it overwritten with someone else's code.

<tuffty/>

Also note that there are various claims as to what the trial does once it expires - some say it returns the power to less than before

In my experiance with the Revo trial, as soon as the 5 hours ran out the car felt slower than it did before the Revo trial. :think:

In a way it forced me to get my car re-mapped, as I was not happy with the fact the car was slower than before the trial period. O well Im happy now :icon_thumright: