Sound on acceleration - is this normal?

I

imported_bantam1

Forgive me if this is an imbecilic question as I have only had my S3 for a week and a half and the only thing I know about engines is that they can be found under the bonnet.

I have noticed what I can only very poorly describe as a faint whooshing noise on acceleration which seems to be more noticeable at lower revs as far as I can tell. Is this normal on an S3?

Any answers gratefully received.

Cheers,

B1.

that will be the turbo /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

With the windows closed and stereo down, you should hear it as if it was coming form the glove box.

Windows open you can it it wind up!

Completly normal!

[ QUOTE ]
S3_MCD said:

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif told you it might be an imbecilic question!

If anyone needs any technical advice they obviously know who to ask now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
bantam1 said:
[ QUOTE ]
S3_MCD said:

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif told you it might be an imbecilic question!

If anyone needs any technical advice they obviously know who to ask now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

...... soz, couldnt resist /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
nothing like a silly question here, better to ask and be sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif enjoy the new car