Just Fitted Silicone T.I.P and Intake Pipes, But its not running right.

RyanS3TT

Reaction score
Hello all.

Just fitted my Silicone T.I.P and intake pipes to my AGU A3 with K03s upgrade.

I had it remapped a week ago and I was very happy with the results, however it was my car was loosing 2 psi of bost through a leak in my OEM T.I.P.

So i upgraded to 3ply Samco Hosing, and intake pipes.

I fitted the T.I.P which is very easy for anyone attempting it.

Along with my intercooler pipe and turbo pipe to N75 pipe.

All fit well, however I took my car out, and it seemed asthough it was miss firing, and jsut hesitating to pull.

I took if home disconnected my maf and plugged it back in again, and checked all plugs, all were fine.

I took the car out the second time, and it was running fine, however..

If i put my foot down in 1st or second and get high up in the revs, as i change gear the car makes a yelp noise, just like a dog when you accidently stand on its tail.

and generally it doesnt feel as quick as it should did..

Anyone know why these two things could be happening?

I am aware that the intercooler pipe was a tad short, so I had to only seeve it over the first part of my intercooler rather than the whole way over the second ridge too, i dont think its leaking but thats the only explanation i can think of.. has anyone ahd the noise before or the slight lack of power when changing pipes?

Also. the car has an atmospheric dumpvalve (which im changing for a 007p) :D but it doesnt dump as much air as it did yesterday before the pipes were fitted. I might be paranoid but im sure this isnt correct :/

Can anyone help me?

May I suggest you put the IC oem pipes back & retest it to prove the theory before we jump in with loads of speculative replies.

If its doing this on high boost then its more than possible you are getting a leak if they're not tightly on & sealed properly, it would usually pop of but for me I'd start there.

Like NHN said, put your oem pipework on and take it for a drive to see if it makes a difference, also check all surrounding pipes, easy to tear/pull 6ne off.

I don't mean to be arkward, but who told you the car was loosing boost through a leak in the TIP?

The TIP isn't under boost at all, it's actually under a vacuum as the turbo tries to draw air through it quicker than the filter can flow....

it sounds to me like you've put the N75 pipes or DV pipes back on wrongly

I don't mean to be arkward, but who told you the car was loosing boost through a leak in the TIP?

The TIP isn't under boost at all, it's actually under a vacuum as the turbo tries to draw air through it quicker than the filter can flow....

it sounds to me like you've put the N75 pipes or DV pipes back on wrongly

Just what I was thinking...pre turbo so no boost in there at all.

T

I was told by the guys that mapped my car, as it wasnt boosting up to what it should and the T.I.P had a leak.

I dont think i could of put the pipes on the wrong way, as theres only one way they can go :/

theres just one extra nipple on the tip which im not usuing and have blanked.

I had to cut the tips neck down today as it was too long, i think this may have been the cause, and I am going to test it now.

You're not using one, did your old TIP also hav 1 less?

my old tip had 4 nipples so to speak, and my new one had 5. So i blanked the one i couldnt use.

I think I may have found the fault.

After a hard run in the car this evening, i pulled over and checked my pipes. the intercooler pipe, where it meets the intercooler theres was cool air around the end, and all around it, I think there may be a slight leak especially under load.

Would this cause my car to not have as much power?

As per post 2 & 3!!

Did you try this yet???

They are my next port of call (Saturday, when I can have a day on it), as this would take me a further 3 hours.

Im short of time at the moment as the days/daylight are getting shorter and Im sure its something simple.

Does anyone know the anwser to the question on the intercooler leak?

If its leaking then it would affect the car overall, how much would be dependent on the leak of course

I Will try and take a picture.

Its a THS silicone hose, and it doesnt seem to be as lnog as the OEM.

So its a struggle to get it on.

Ill adjust it again next weekend as im not using te car this week,

Its on because i jubilee cliped it up, but im thinking underload there is some air escaping making the car seem laggy.

Can you put some sort of silicone around it, on the joint, or is in a hard to reach place?

its a hard to reach place, behind the headlight, its cramp, im probally gonna remove bumper and headlight and fit it on weekend, if not i do have a spare peice of silicone i can fit over it. that could come in handy.

I think its just a pain to fit, im sure thats the problem, if not, I have to do trial and error like NHN said and go back to the start :lazy:

Oh right what as in glue the two peices together to make it fit the whole length?

haha no mate.

One is larger and would sleeve over it and i could clip one to the intercooler and one to the pipe.

But im hoping if i take the bumper off I can get enough force onto the pipe to get it clipped on without ay problems.

just means another day dedicated to the car.

This saturday I have to Fix my Passenegr window (the clips have broken, common fault aparently). touch up my bumper after a nasty fence had a wire sticking out and nipped it :( fit this pipe, refit the bumper and headlight,

Lovely... :D