Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications

Thread: Stereo Upgrade

Neutral

Status

Stereo Upgrade

Currently I do not have a cd player in my car, just the audi concert cassette/radio unit. I managed to get a cd changer from a old a3 but it doesn't look like it will connect to mine. Excuse my limited audio knowledge but as far as I can see it gets power from in the boot and that connected up fine but I have a red and white sound cable coming to it and there is no chance of plugging that anywhere into my head unit. Like so:

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thu..._isolation.jpg

minus the yellow one.

Also the head unit seems to have a lot more connectors on the back than I have previously seen. Is it at all possible to get that cd changer working with it? Or if I have to replace it will I need some kind of conversion kit to fit a normal head unit?

Cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    hi there new on here and to audi myself
    i have a tape player too and the multy has gone
    im told it hapens alot and have been told just to change the
    head unit from tape to a cd player if you call audi they wil let you no what one fits in with no fuss plus it will cost you the same price for a seconhand one
    hope it helps

Status
    If you have standard audio RCA leads coming off the changer then it's not an OEM Audi changer. The stock changer just has one single connector, a round 13 pin plug, which just plugs into the changer bus cable right at the back of the rear left cubbyhole (towards the front of the car, past the rear seatbelt reel).
    If the RCA's are coming off the BUS cable in the boot, then it's just a case of unplugging the adapter that was fitted to take a non Audi CD changer, and then plugging in the new changer.
    You can't just plug the changer directly into the HU, you need the right cable. It has a blue mini ISO connector for the HU and the 13 pin round connector for the changer. If yoiu already have the blue connector at the HU then you already have the BUS cable in the boot. If you don't then there's plenty on ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-CD-Cable-...item1e577418e9

Whatever you do do NOT buy anything from Audi!
    Last edited by AndyMac; 18th October 2009 at 09:57.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

5th Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Add Paul @ Unit on Facebook Visit Paul @ Unit's Instagram Channel
    looked for a concert single slot cd player for agers theres loads that go on ebay, for around 80 up, but heard alot that theres slighly different models and some dont have codes etc, hence why i went for a jvc axv2

2003 B6 Audi A4 Avant. 3.0 V6 Quattro Sport

Neutral

Status
    Right well I think I am just going to get a new headunit. Went to get it sorted but they wanted to know if my speakers are half amplified or full amplified as apprently this makes a difference to what cable they use, is there any way I can find this out myself or is it a trip to audi?

Status
    Non Bose = half amped
    Bose = fully amped
    If you're unsure then just use the fully amped adapter, the onlyifference is one has one set of RCA's and the other has two. Identical otherwise.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner