Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    2nd Gear

Status

Got the car back, but a couple of problems.

Hey folks

I got my car back after the accident today.
    Nice job they did I am happy with the respray and car seems to drive sweet.

However
    They have absolutely COVERED the car in swirl marks I havent had chance to check it out properly yet but i didnt spot them in normal daylight earlier when I had a quick check round it. I mean every single inch of every panel has nasty swirl marks in it far worse than I ever left when i used incorrect wash technique.
    So what are my chances of getting this sorted ?
    problem 2
    they have replaced one headlight so the car now looks silly with one brand new headlight and one 8 years old this will devalue the car and make it hard to sell as it is very obvious it has had an accident.

last problem
    The xenon in the NEW headlight has failed to start a couple of times and bought up a bulb failure on the DIS simply turning the headlight off then on again has resolved this but I am not sure if this is something more serious ?

James.

P.s. good to have the car back though oh hos I missed the power :D

2. # ADS
    ADS

4th Gear

Status
    im in the same boat pal. Some women ploughed in the back of me a week ago and the car got taken away on a truck. Got brought back today, they said they was no truck available so i guy drove it back and put 38 miles on the car which im not happy about really just incase he drove it like an idiot etc! Anyway i looked at my panels too and there are some bad swirls in my paint too. I have a machine polisher and iv spent many of days polishing all the swirls out of it for some bodyshop to use a wirebrush cleaning it. It really annoys me and i think why do i bother! Anyway pal, hope you get your problems sorted, i dont think you will get anywhere with regards to the swirls marks but worth a try
    2002 225 S3, metallic black, REVO, 18" RSTT alloys, goodyear Eagle F1s, silver leather heated seats, tinted windows, H&R spacers, black diamond grooved discs & Ferrodo DS2500 pads, BOSE system, xenons, forge DV, samco TIP & upper boost hoses.

Status
    save your breath and see Jimmeh for a detail and buy a new headlight see pjmspeedy

sorry they wrecked your car James

2nd Gear

Status
    I wouldnt say they wrecked it. not by a long shot I would still say i am very very happy with what they have done.
    Just a few niggly things that have annoyed me is all.

The headlight I may get away with just a new glass althought that would depend on how much sun damage the reflector inside has seen in 8 years I reckon if i polish the reflector and clean it really well and replace the glass it will look almost as good as the new one

The swirl marks are a little heart breaking though cas I know I spent a lot of time getting the swirl marks out that I left myself from poor cleaning technique and they werent anything like what these guys have done.

Status
    I had my roof rails done and was left with marks on both doors but was at a loose end as my mate got the work done as he works there...still went back though even though he wasn't happy but when Jim detailed it he told me about

Reverse Gear

Status
    When my partner bought hers 2 months ago - one headlight seemed newer than the other. I flatted it back using 3000 wet and dry with plenty of water and then buffed it with menzerna heavy cut polish and then a lighter cut polish with my DAS6 and hey presto - brand spanking looking headlight.

Couldn't believe the difference ! Both now look brand new - much cheaper than a god knows how much main dealer xenon headlamp !