S3 Help needed after re-map

R55_SND

Reaction score
hello, i had my S3 re-mapped this week and noticed a huge improvement in it, only problem is that when going up a hill in 6th gear (on motorway usually) the turbo hose that go's to the inter-cooler below the silver pipe on the bettom left hand side of the engine keeps blowing off, whats the best way to solve this? silicone hose? if so what one is best to get?

thanks in advance for the help
Ross

i have seen people push the hose over top the little ridges where the jubilee clip clamps clamp down on the hose so then you can use 2 jubilee clips one where it normally goes and one the other side of the ridge, also give the hose a good clean so there is no oil on it to aid the sliperinesss.
most would say use mikalor clamps but mines fine running 25psi its all about the way you clamp it down and how clean the contacts are

Std pipes are ok, if its blowing off then the clip is more than likely the culprit. I wouldn't use a t-clamp style clip on a std hose as the the hose has a moulded recess for the clip to sit in and a t-clamp may not tighten properly and you will get boost leaks. Get a hi-torque type jubilee clip (not a normal one from a garage)... Forge sell them.

<tuffty/>

cheers guys, got some stronger jubilee clip's so will try them and see,

honestly didnt think this was an issue on a standard remap unless your pushing silly boost......which CC aren't renowned for on their stage 1's

Yeh just get some heavy duty jubilee clips. Never had a hose come off on mine.

Happened to me in the lakes a couple of weeks ago, wasnt going particularly fast, 2nd gear I think but I was climbing a steep pass at the time. Running custom code stage 1. Its been fine since though. May have just worked itself loose over the years.

also try rubbing the inside of the pipe with a bit of wet and dry paper (just to score the surface alittle) should help the pipe grip better