Stage 2 ?

karlharcourt

god i want more !
Reaction score
ok guys ive decided to go with a new exhaust system , im going to go with a full blueflame 3" downpipe , sport cats and cat back .
i have a stage 1 , tip , k&n panel and 007 already fitted my question is do i need to do a stage 2 when i get the exhaust syatem fitted ? or will it run fine as is ?

The car probably wont drive as good, as boost and exhaust flow will be all over the place and the ECU wont know what the best air fuel ratio for the engine.

I would get it mapped again to get the full rewards.

get a fmic then go stage2

do i really need to do the fmic first or can it wait ?
same for the remap ?
will it do any damage to the car or is it simply going to run like a dog with just exhaust done ?

cheers for the help so far guys

also which is best fmic to go for if i want easy fit and standard look with fogs ?

Your car will run just fine if your only doing the zorst, ecu's can adapt. If you were having stage 2 some more horses would probably be found, but it's not essential...

It's a great excuse to go to Stage2 if you need to justify it to the Mrs. Just tell her that you need a new exhaust because yours is shagged then tell her that if you get an exhaust you'll need stage 2..... And if you need stage 2 you'll need a fmic. :icon_thumright:

It's a great excuse to go to Stage2 if you need to justify it to the Mrs. Just tell her that you need a new exhaust because yours is shagged then tell her that if you get an exhaust you'll need stage 2..... And if you need stage 2 you'll need a fmic. :icon_thumright:

I think I need to use this!
"Sorry darling, no holiday this year - the exhaust is broken and...":blahblah1:

It works with everything mate.

Sorry luv xmas has been cancelled because I need new tyres and its cheaper to buy 4 new wheels with cheap tyres than replacement tyres for my wheels. While I'm buying new wheels I might as well upgrade to 18"s, and if I get 18"s I'll need the car lowered so I'll get some coilovers. If i'm doing the coilovers I might as well do a full suspension overhaul :yes:

...because I need new tyres and its cheaper to buy 4 new wheels with cheap tyres than replacement tyres for my wheels.

I have actually used that one before when I upgraded from the 16s on my A4 to 18s!
(It's now back on 16s though 'cos one of the cheap replicas split!)

its a good idea but its my money im spending as being a woman she spent all hers on shoes and bags and all those other expense bits of ***** lol

The idea is to get a stage 2 done soon but with funds running abit low (exhaust is about £1000) i would like to get the remap and then fmic but not straight away (next month or so).

if thats how you plan on doing it then go for exhaust and wait to get stage2 until you have the rest of the package like fmic as it will effect the way they mapp the car on stage2