VAG COM Error

Welly

335D Driver :-)
Reaction score
Last post today I promise!

Getting this error:

00575 - Intake Manifold Pressure - 08-10 - Control Limit Surpassed - Intermittent

Quite common on Diesels it seems, but can't find anything useful about it on a 1.8T. Oddly, it's and AGU which doesn't have a MAP sensor?

Any ideas - because I'm going to drive this car off of a f**kin cliff soon....

GRRRRRR!

Airflow x load x throttle position are all taken into acount to work it out. It's usually a side effect of a chip/flash

Ok, thats good to know. Having a problem with ym AGU TB (I think) as on VAGCOM it only ever says 'Part Throttle' despite being WOT. Angle reported is 85.1. I've taken it off, cleaned it, put it back on and re-aligned it also. Still only ever says 'Part Throttle'.

Update - car is also misfiring. Not sure on what cyl, but misfires in neutral just revving engine between 5000 - 5500. Sounds like the rev limiter (but isn't - obviously). Any ideas? Still seems to do it with the MAF disconnected.

Surely if you have had a reported issue with your TB & you now have misfires it would point to the TB being at fault, which could possibly cause mixture issues no, thus misfiring possibly.

In my head, if you've realigned & it still is giving you hassle then I would hazard a guess its faulty & a replacement would be advisable, atm it would point to this as a possible reason anyway.

Surely if you have had a reported issue with your TB & you now have misfires it would point to the TB being at fault

Hi mate, not sure I've made this 100% clear. I've not got any VAG COM errors reported regarding the TB at all.

Got an 00575 which is Intake Manifold Pressure Control Limit Surpassed. Unless that directly points to the TB?? TB works fine, i'm just interested to know if an AGU will ever report 'WOT' or just 'Part Throttle' on Block 098.

My fault for putting 2 issues in 1 thread, however I feel they may be related if Intake Mani Pressure is worked out with TB angle....

I wish I had a mate with a AGU TB to test, a new one will cost about ten million quid.

Hi!

Were you able to resolve this?
I'm have the EXACT same issue with the Pressure error, and not showing WOT in the block 98.

Thanks!

Wow, a blast from the past here! I miss that A3, once all the problems were ironed out it was great fun!

OK. First question - is your engine standard? Mapped etc?

It's an AGU, but with S3 stuff on it.
Brute rods, and I'm boosting 1.5bar with an MBC. The ECU was "touched" but not perfect.
This was running fine up until last month or so.
From what I've been reading now, it could be the MAF...

Yes, it could well be the MAF.

My problem was different in that it always did it, where as yours has been OK and started doing it.

If I were you, I would see what your air flow is doing by logging block 002 on VAG COM.

At that boost with a K04, you should be expecting to see somewhere around the 200 g/s mark, if not more.

The lack of MAP sensor on the AGU means that intake mani pressure is calculated via TB angle and air flow. A dodgy MAF will therefore throw a spanner directly into the works.

I'll check the MAF, maybe clean it, and do some vagcom logs.
As I have a 3" MAF housing, I should see around 140/160 g/s.
I'll report back

I'll check the MAF, maybe clean it, and do some vagcom logs.
As I have a 3" MAF housing, I should see around 140/160 g/s.
I'll report back

You should be seeing more than that mate really, depending on what S3 bits you have, and more importantly, what turbo.

On my old AGU K03S which is the car this post was originally about, I used to see 175 G/S, and Prawn who also has the same setup but with a better map, used to see over 180 g/s.

160 g/s is 200 bhp.... unless that's what your expecting to see? Depends on your current config I guess.

Yeah.
The stock 2.5" MAF housing would "produce" a higher number, and could get to the point of hitting the maximum the ECU can read.
So, with the 3"MAF housing, the number will be lower, and gasoline will be adequeate.
I have the S3 turbo, injectors, TIP, MAF housing.
234bhp at 0.9bar

Have you got this engine mapped for the mods?

Or are you just allowing the ECU to calculate the fuelling based on the airflow and lambda readings on say a Stage 1 map?

Yes, I do have this mapped, but I know it's not perfect. I have way too much fuel (10.5 @ redline), and this was working fine.
I believe I might have resolve it.
I tested the MAF readings, and I can see the normal numbers, so it's not from there.
I then tested a N75 I have, and I did not see the error again. I can only think that the N75 that was there is fubar, even though the N75 is not being used in the system. It's just there so it doesn't throw a code.
Another thing is that the baro sensor was laying around, so it could also be that.
The good thing is that the error is not present at the moment. :D