Roof spoiler aerial catch?

lugz

Reaction score
hi,
thinking of buying a spoiler next week and was just wondering if anyone had bought and fitted a spoiler like this:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A3-S3-ST...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item3a533ff279
jus a simple s3 style one, and was wondering does it catch on the standard aerial?
i know it happens on the golf and you have to buy one with a cut out the size of a 2p to miss it catching.

if it does would a shark fin stlye miss it?

If it fits in the same position and is the same size as an S3 roof spoiler, I would imagine that it should clear the aerial. I suppose that you could check by attaching it temporarily using some masking tape and testing it to see if it will catch. You can then do any trimming before getting it painted to match.

It's not a bad price for a 'copy' spoiler, just depends on the fit and finish of the supplied product. Keep us all posted on how you get on!

Most aftermarket spoilers are made from fibreglass and any decent bodyshop would be able to notch out and tidy up any trimming marks. Cant help with the sharkfin aerial, I prefer the look of my standard base/honda stubby mast.