Anyone running 19" wheels on their 8L?

sulaiman

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Considering fitting 19" wheels as I feel they will fill the arches the best, I am wondering what size tyres to fit though? The last thing I want is a crashy ride which is what I think 215/35/19's will give.

Also wondering what width and offset wheels people have fitted in 19" so I can get an idea of what size wheels I should fit.

I know the handling with be compromised fitting 19" wheels but I'm still interested to hear how the car handles.

Many thanks!

Last edited:
The roads must be better around you then Jojo 90% of the time they are fine but certain road make it feel like the wheels are about to explode

Any pics guys? I don't mind if its an s3 or a3, what size tyres are you guys running?

TIA

The roads must be better around you then Jojo 90% of the time they are fine but certain road make it feel like the wheels are about to explode

Well, I generally drive on the same roads, so you will see me weave like a Learner plate, as I'm avoiding the pot hole I know exist lol. Ride isn't too crashy to be fair, maybe tyre choice has some part to play with the ride also.

Any pics guys? I don't mind if its an s3 or a3, what size tyres are you guys running?

TIA

235/35R19 Avon ZZ3's all round, 19X8 allround ET35 offset with 5mm and 10mm spacers front and rear.

120-2061_IMG.jpg

im thinking of going with 19's but worried that the ride might be too bumpy. it would be interesting to know from those who have 19's on their cars...

i got 19's on my s3 235 30 19 fronts and 265 30 19 rears, got some big *** spacers in there though lol
i do get alot of road noise through the tyres, and the obvious costs of replacing the tyres is another down side, was considering down sizing to 18s but unsure if the front calipers would fit in the 18 inch rim, very close on 19 inch, plus i love the look of the 19's, decisions decisions lol

i got 19's on my s3 235 30 19 fronts and 265 30 19 rears, got some big *** spacers in there though lol
i do get alot of road noise through the tyres, and the obvious costs of replacing the tyres is another down side, was considering down sizing to 18s but unsure if the front calipers would fit in the 18 inch rim, very close on 19 inch, plus i love the look of the 19's, decisions decisions lol

Pics please, this the kind of thing Im looking for.. :)

:sign_pics:

Ideally, you would have wanted 235/35R19 fronts to balance out the front and rear rotational difference, or your Haldex diff will get confused. 265's on the rear huh? No catching?

pics coming this weekend guys along with full spec etc
got no rubbing, except slight rub on full lock on front, very slight though, as i said it has some meaty spacers in there!!
i never put the tyres/wheels on the car, i have in fact done nothing to it (yet) i've only just bought her so gimme chance lol
why would i want 35 profile on the fronts? i dont understand (im new to the whole 4wd drive thing so bear with me)

also it has not been lowered at all, just got uprated audi springs on the front, no room to lower really, would cause too much arch rub

pics coming this weekend guys along with full spec etc
got no rubbing, except slight rub on full lock on front, very slight though, as i said it has some meaty spacers in there!!
i never put the tyres/wheels on the car, i have in fact done nothing to it (yet) i've only just bought her so gimme chance lol
why would i want 35 profile on the fronts? i dont understand (im new to the whole 4wd drive thing so bear with me)

also it has not been lowered at all, just got uprated audi springs on the front, no room to lower really, would cause too much arch rub

OK, 235's should not catch on the front, I've benn running 235/35s for the last 8 years+ on my S3, and it only ever caught the inside of the innner arch on full lock going over uneven surface, like reversing off my drive, which was sorted out with a 5mm spacer.

Regarding the 4WD system, it's called a Haldex system, and only kicks in when it senses loss of grip from the front end or if you are driving the car with full throttle. Now the difference in rotation between the front and rear axles would confuse the Haldex system, as it will constantly be thinking the car is wheel spinning. By running 30 profile on a 235 tyre at the front and 30 profile on a 265 tyre at the rear would mean the rolling ratio is different front to back. 235/35 is much closer to 265/30 in rolling radius, as the profiles is the percentage of the width of the tread in calculations.

:wacko: er ok lol
so when tyres need replacing either get 235 all round or get a 35 profile on the fronts, got it :)

are they the 9" et52 ones? What size adapters you running dude?

That does sit lovely!

19's AND massive spacers must effect the ride and handling though?

just a quick bump to see any other examples or to see pics of jonny87's :)