Are the facelift S3 headlights "unique" parts?

MikeA3

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the facelift S3's headlights were unique parts fitted only to this model?

The reason I ask is that the plastic manual adjuster on my nearside passenger headlight's broken (10p's worth of plastic) but that's an MOT failure so I'm on the lookout for a replacement unit.

Audi want £500+ for the unit itself but that comes with the motors & ballast (which I don't need as mine work just fine).

I've tried ebay and quite a few of the breakers but no one seems to have a single headlight available at the moment, so, I wondered if the S3's headlights had been fitted to any other VAG model(s)?

The only other model I could think of with Xenon's was the S4 of the same era but the lights seem to be quite different.

Any help (or anyone who can find one) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mike

Which side headlight? I have some spare lights, xenons and standards.

Is it the manual adjuster on the top, or the plastic slider that the electric motor clips into to allow the auto adjustment?

It's the passenger / nearside one that's playing up and the manual adjuster at the top - the small white plastic "bolt" that you can adjust the light up and down with.

If you've got a xenon one going spare mate - drop me a PM

Thanks

Mike

I have a complete ns xenon, complete with balast but the placcy lens is not the best, has a crack in it and pretty pebble dashed. All the guts of the light are perfect though, really needs lens replacing.
There is a thread about removng the lens on here, fr the guys who paint the inside of their lights etc. Where abouts are you located?

I'm in surrey (epsom)

I'll have a look for that thread about swapping the plastic cover over (I could use the one off the old light).

could you drop me a PM with how much you want for it please?

Thanks

Mike

i am also looking for the white plastic bit for my driver's side headlight. if anyone has a broken headlight with this part still intact i would be interested in paying for it!

I'm in surrey (epsom)

I'll have a look for that thread about swapping the plastic cover over (I could use the one off the old light).

could you drop me a PM with how much you want for it please?

Thanks

Mike

you have pm mike

Exact same problem here :(
however mines passenger side. (nearside)

If anyone has a spare clip / complete light for grabs, let me know :D

Callum