Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    2nd Gear

Status

Silicone TIP for my AGU K03s (Fitting)

Hello all, Im going to start fitting my Silicone Tip on sunday.

Before i Start has anyone done this mod for the AGU with K03s or evn K03 and how difficult isit?

Would it be easier with two people, and how much time am I gonna have to dedicate to it?

Thanks In Advance, Ryan
    Audi S3 MTM
    345 BHP, K26 Turbo - MTM Manifold, Downpipe and Milltek Cat Back
    Polished Inlet - Facelift Front & Rear - Black Badges, Welly FMIC, N249 Bypass,

To Come - Anthracite Rs4s

------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR SALE:
    Audi S3 Genuine Chrome Mirror Caps. PM Me for Details

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Assuming the silicon one replaces the metal bolt on effort thats currently on there, the only experience I have with a TIP and a K03 is that its a complete nob to get the clip on properly as the comp housing is so small, the clip only really fits in one position and has a habit of pushing the tip off as you tighten it.

The TIP in question was particularly thick which didn't help. It is imperitive you get it on right as the resultant air leaks will make your car stall and run like a pig.

The solution I ended up using was to apply a little super glue gel to the inside of the TIP where it pushes on to the comp housing inlet, fitting and leaving it to go off. I used a t-bolt clamp rather than a jubilee clip as it was easier to get a spanner on in the tight space available and as it was wider, seemed to spread the clamp load improving the chance it would hold.

You may actually stand a better chance doing it up from underneath the car tbh so if you can get it up on stands that may make it easier.

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

Smell my finger.

Status
    You rang?.............

How To Fit a K03 TIP

T
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice