****** cup holder

gumball b

[OLD SKOOL CRUISER]
Reaction score
ni me again 02 S3 has anyone had problems with the dashboard cup holder as mine is stuck in the closed position any ideas how to release it thanks gumball b :s3addict:

when mine got stuck in my old a3 i used a headunit removal key:thumbsup:

ta mate im not that bothered about it but you no what people are like when it comes to selling your pride and joy ta gumball b

Myth, the S3 doesnt have cup holders!!:faint:

or does it! i want to see pictures or it never happened

Mine got stuck as the piano black trim had moved slightly. I pushed the surrounding trim until it was seated ok and as if by actual magicv... my 'cup' holder revealed itself :)

It is as previously mentioned useless...

<tuffty/>

I would like to retract my previous comment and say that it is pretty good at holding an iPhone :respekt:

...as it does my Blackberry Storm until I have to plug the charger in... but then thats more a design issue with the Storm than the cup holder methinks...

Still, it did keep my Dr Peppers cold with the aircon directed at it so not all bad :)

Just spoils the clean look of the dashboard when its out....

<tuffty/>

wait do pre face lift models have this ? i.e. 2000 model?

i got my hopes and thought it was stuck...

but i dont think so...

is it possible audi forgot to put in cup holders?

I just found this pic on piston heads of a pre face lift and it doesn't have the cup holder:

1285506-8.jpg

This next pic is a facelift S3 and you can see the cup holder slot to the left of the hazard button:

1211337-3.jpg

CASE CLOSED

gumball, if you prise off the piano trim with a flat blade driver, the cup holder comes out like a cassette...you can then clean clean clean to ya hearts content till its all working again....

I can't believe everyone is slating the S3s cup holder!

I find it awesome. It holds my phone when it's on charge and being used as a satnav, but most importantly holds my starbucks "small" americano when I'm on a long work trip. In fact I like it so much I just got one for the amrest :)

at least you have one! i've only got the stupid ones in the glovebox which do nothing!!

As mentioned before holds an iPhone perfectly also not too bad for cans of Relentless (i should know, i get through enough of the ****** stuff!) Word of warning though, dont do any spirited driving until the can is at least a third empty or the cup holder WILL cease to function soon after, sticky stuff Relentless!