Which Suspension bits....

Drill

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
.... should I look to change on my TQ when installing new springs and shocks? I've got 100k miles now and it's (past) time to get a new suspension. I'm looking at the Bilstein B6 or B8 dampers, and prolly H&R S3 Springs, but am wondering what other parts I should replace at the same time? Things like upper strut perches, etc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Any ideas appreciated. I'd like to make sure I have everything on-hand before doing it.

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
.... should I look to change on my TQ when installing new springs and shocks? I've got 100k miles now and it's (past) time to get a new suspension. I'm looking at the Bilstein B6 or B8 dampers, and prolly H&R S3 Springs, but am wondering what other parts I should replace at the same time? Things like upper strut perches, etc /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Any ideas appreciated. I'd like to make sure I have everything on-hand before doing it.

Thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've not done so already, i would change all the bushes or you'll have to take it all apart again to do it when they go. Really thats about all there is to change for servicing parts. Thought about front ARB upgrade while your at it?

Rich

the short ones that connect to the wishbones do and then start squeaking, have you got the long droplinks that attach half way up the strut?

Yeah Andy, I was just thinking that same thing.... if the S3 has a wider front rack, then wouldn't the S3 ARB be too long for a TQ??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Anyone know? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Thx /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif