heya dont often post much just spend my life looking

have just bought a set of JOM coilovers

and im wondering how much to wake my a3 1.8t down toooo

i drive it every day to work so i dont want it slammed ! needs to be practical

my old clio was down 30

so im thinking 45mm on the audi ???

any got any hints or pics

thanks allot JOSH

Hi Josh, Apparently the sump is lowdown so you might expose it to damage taking it down that far unless off course you change the sump as well and the tyres rubbing might come into play.
my S3 lowered 30mm
Photo0356.jpg

Bens right heres a thread that will help
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=70762&highlight=lowering

Last edited:
My memory is a bit vague on this as its a few years since i lowered my old A3 but depending on how low you go you will need adjustable drop links or a new front anti roll bar as when you go low as i did the arb rubs on the drive shaft. Sure someone will give better advice then this as like I said my memory is crap.

Hi Josh, Apparently the sump is lowdown so you might expose it to damage taking it down that far unless off course you change the sump as well and the tyres rubbing might come into play.
my S3 lowered 30mm

Bens right heres a thread that will help
http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=70762&highlight=lowering

think the a3 sits higher then an s3 as standard though, i think there are spring kits out there for a3's that go about 40-45mm low anyway so im sure it will be ok,
my s3 is probably about 40mm down on the front and its fine no problems :icon_thumright:

Is this for asethetics or performance....a question which is totally overlooked!

25mm for performance i'd say and wind them as low as possible for asethetics :p

G

Last edited:
40mm is good on mine, still driveable etc. You will need to look at your droplinks and ARB though.

Mines sat on 18's and its fine, BUT...when its on 16's its a lot lower (looks ace though!).

T

im swaying for 40mm its going to be for looks really i dont do track days but love windy roads :p

your s3 looks amazing

thanks for the help