JMB RetrofitsEM Tuning
    Neutral

Status

Rear washer leaking, front near side...

Ok, so when I fire up the rear washer its coming out thick-n-fast on the near side front of the car, kinda under air box. Seeing as bottle is on drivers side I'm assuming that the pipe must traverse the car some how/where and there is a join or something at that point.

Before I clamber round anyone give me some pointers as to where I should look for said pipe / join in that region?

Thanks

A3 1.8T Quattro (2001 | Y) - Black, 5DR, Full Leather, Recaros, Climate, CD, Elec Everything, TT Alloys
    BMW 320 MSport Touring (2007 | 57) - Le Mans Blue, 18" MV3s, PDC, Cruise, CAR

2. # ADS
    ADS

Audi-sports own special child.

Status
    Covered loads mate. Take off the airbox, under and behind it youll see some black trunking, pop it off, youll see a pipe thats popped apart, push it back together, wrap some tape sound for good luck and your done.
    Driving the most secretive S3 on ASN

thats me

Status
    yup thats it I posted pics of this somewhere they are still hosted just too wasted to find them
    red to red black to black blue to bits

Ross_S4

Status
    Here's why some people's rear wash/wipe.....

check that out mate, BEWARE....
    once i did this fix i also found that the joint behind the sub in the boot nearside was parted causing a leak there.... THEN one that was fixed, found my washer jet was leaking into the boot from where it joins the wiper motor/gearbox assembly on the tailgate.

the fix for that is also in this post.

Smell my finger.

Status
    Here's a thread I did on it too...

A3 rear washer fix

T
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

Ross_S4

Status
    oh and also, despite what was said in some posts i read when i was reading up about it, there is no need to loosen/move front strut brace to get the plastic channel/duct cover out. just move it around some and it'll come out can;t quite remember how, but it did.
    honest.

Neutral

Status
    Many thanks to all of you!

Glad its popped off in the engine, bay. in the POlo there a connector 1/2 way up the channel behind the passenger seat..... the clue that its popped off was a soggy floor behind the seat!!!!!

A3 1.8T Quattro (2001 | Y) - Black, 5DR, Full Leather, Recaros, Climate, CD, Elec Everything, TT Alloys
    BMW 320 MSport Touring (2007 | 57) - Le Mans Blue, 18" MV3s, PDC, Cruise, CAR