Updates with my A3

Mehmet

Reaction score
Whats goin on, since joining this forum...my car has gone through a few changes...

How it was when i 1st joined.

DSC00787.jpg

Now the changes its gone through:

Hid's 10k
Scorp Backbox
Lowered 40mm
Pressed plates
Front german style plate background
Front badge sprayed black
Back smoothed
Bluetooth Sony BT3600

and obviously a nice service including engine flush etc.

SDC10722.jpg

SDC10718.jpg

SDC10714.jpg

HID's
SDC10632.jpg

I am planing on buying some new rims...thinking of rs4 17s with low profile and coilovers to go lower?

let me know what you think

thanks

I am now really liking the tt competition wheels....on 215 35 17

and obviously go low?

Yeah looks ok,I would have left the badge silver and blacked the background.

Surley the 10Ks give out no light?

We had to change to 4300 from 6k to get decent output on our TQS

Sorry, But I simply have to agree 110% with BYZAN_A4 that Audi badge should not have been blacked out ! blasphemy !

Personally it matches the chrome surround of the Grill, simply add chrome around he number plate and some round the front spoiler..........now that looks better !

Interesting colour - I've not seen many of them before!

I had the TT rims on my first A3. :) Nice car.

I am now really liking the tt competition wheels....on 215 35 17

and obviously go low?

Wrong size of tyre for the wheel IIRC and if you go lower than 40mm, I would get shares in 'Sumps R Us' as you will start eating them...

I also have to agree with other posters, blacking out the rings isn't a good look (unless you de chrome everything then its passable) and you sure you are running 10k HIDS? driving at night must be quite scary!!

Quite like the colour of the car though, interestingly different as Jim says...

<tuffty/>

I think chroming just looks tacky all together, you could just spray your grill surround to make it look better though. Is it a very dark green ?

i dont think the blackout grill looks too bad but then you need to blackout all the chrome. Car looks nice mate. well done. each to their own.

Looking good mate, as above tho' black out the surround as well as the rings, will look ALOT better.

Also the tyre size is incorrect, you will need to go for 225/45/17 as too keep the same rolling radius I believe.

Oh and finally as Mark says, change the 10k's to 4300k or even 6k, as you will get so much more light out of them.

Not sure if you know or not, but it actually works the other way round on Xenons, the higher the rating the LESS light output.

Thanks alot for the comments, ive got a badgeless grill now anyway so its ok.

1st of all the hid's are realllyyy bbright and they light up nearly the whole road so i dont know if you guys are taking the **** or being serious.

ALSO, i got polished TT competitions yesterday...put them on...i already have 40mm lowering so the back sits nice but the front is still abit high...but the car looks high infact its quite low with these wheels on as its now 205/40 instead of 225/45

Im getting spacers sometime this week aswell...but yea it looks alot better with the tt competitions and badgeless grill now..

Thanks for the comments guys.

Yep new pics, i just put the grill on like an hour ago so its a little dark for a pic with that on...pic will come tomorrow for the grill.

But for now, wheels:
SDC10731.jpg

SDC10733.jpg

SDC10738.jpg

SDC10740.jpg

Not taking the pee on the lights, defo serious.

Rims will look good with the spacers on, looking forward to the pics...

New wheels look awesome, I was thinkin about a set for mine for ages but just dont seem to look right on a s3, look bang on, on yours though mate good work.

Ive got to say i think the lights are a bit chavvy but each to their own dude, you planning on going lower? i think you should :)

Yea mate, im on the look out for coilovers now, springs are no use it was a big mistake.

Yea you are actually quite right about the hid's but there we go, cant just throw 50 quid in the bin.

Progress atm: Slamming

You buy cheap you pay twice....oh well, you live and learn, dont worry, once you start you wont stop!!

Thats why I havent started yet...lol!!!

Oh well...who give a ****, its life you only live once.....still doesnt mean you should spend no point money on springs looooool but there we go.

LOL, Yeah thats also true, started ''doing it up'' about month and a half ago..and ive done quite a bit and i cant stop....dont think i can now tbh im just SO IN LOVE WITH IT.

Last edited by a moderator: