Strange rattle!!! A3 20VT

Paul @ Unit 9 Remaps

Reaction score
Website
www.unit9remaps.co.uk
here it most in second and third, put your foot on the accelorator, get alittle boost lift off, get a slight funny little rattle, sounds like from the passenger side front, near wheel, best as i can explain it its like a exhaust rattle, maybe think that as sounds alittle like metal.

Ive got a few little squeeks and rattles on my car, been tryin 2 find out what they are for a while now but still none the wiser lol

U might have more luck than me

hope so, hopefully down to the road on the state, as its new and the road is a mess, somthing hopefully come alittle loose, but like i say, say you crawling in second, accelorate abit, getting some boost then let go of the accelorator makes like alittle rattle sounds like slightly loose metal, very annoying

Only noise I can associate with what your describing is when the diverter valve is foobarred, happened on my car and the noise I got was like turbo chatter (compressor stall) which is no good for the turbo itself.

Search on You Tube for this, there were some sound clips available. If it is the same as what you are getting, a replacement from the stealers is about 20 squids, Forge ones are around 70 squids, they are pretty easy to replace!

HTH,

Mine does it, front off side.... no idea what it is!.

DV is fine (its a new 007), so I can only put it down to a heat shield or something.

T

Does it happen every time or only when the car is warming up?

Only reason I ask is because I have a fluttering noise on boost when the car is cold but it goes after a few minutes. Its almost as if the car has a warm up cycle where one of the boost valves is letting pressure out of the system because the ECU is detecting a cold engine!

its once the car is warm i think ive noticed, but its not the fluttering, like i say slight bit of boost, foot off, sort of like a heat shield rattle but from front passenger, near wheel i think, just started doing it,