JMB RetrofitsBadger5
    god i want more !

Status

I've got the hump

hi all
    as per title "ive got the hump" , why i hear you ask.
    well 3 weeks ago i managed to start living a dream of mine to own a silver facelift s3.
    problem is i knew it was chipped when i purchased it (private sale) and thought it was putting out about 260bhp , however i installed my race diagnostic liquid gauge tonight and im only getting 242bhp.
    The car was standard when i got it (except the map) but i have put on the following bits so far
    eibach springs
    forge 007
    k&n panel filter
    i also have (on the living room floor , waiting to install next week)
    leather armrest
    forge t.i.p.
    black diamond grooved discs
    ferodo ds2500 pads
    racing blue brake fluid
    h&r wheel spacers (10mm front 15mm rear)

the question is guys , i would like more power say around 280bhp ish what do i need ?
    i spoke to backdraft about hybrid k04 , but by the time you add fmic, full exhaust, cat , etc it cam to 3500 and im not spending that much .
    what do you guys recommend ?
    any help would be very much welcome.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    280 its a big ask without changing the turbo... You could try a 3inch down pipe and high flow cat?
    Maybe a diy front mount intercooler set up?
    Then map the hell out of it and while smiling start saving for a replacement turbo. They dont last long when pushed that hard
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

S3 Drift King!

Status
    First of all, Welcome to AS.net!

Realistically, with standard turbo, you should be pushing 260-265max, 280 is not impossible, but you will be pushing the limit of the turbo.

I personally wouldn'r rely on your liquid thing for a BHP figure, you need a rolling road for more accurate figure, and preferably with other S3's in the line up to get some other figures to compare with.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

god i want more !

Status
    ok guys , so lets say i want to get to the 260bhp mark , whats my best route ?
    fmic? down pipe ? sport cat ?
    or are there any better options ?

4th Gear

Status
    Milltek cat back non resonated, down pipe+decat or sport cells should be good, FMIC would be the ideal + 4bar feul pressure,

and I think if i had mine decat and good filter I would get close to the 270 mark I hope...
    Last edited by S3KO4; 6th October 2009 at 22:28.
    S3-8L REVO stage 2, Milltek, 3" DP & custom 3" decat, RS2 spark plugs, 4 bar FPR, Green-Cotton uprated upper/lower boost hose & TIP, Front Zimmerman & Ferrodo. LCR spliter. boost gauge, smoothed AB. Aero blades, H&R 5mm spacers. Best time 14.03sec, 0-62 in 5.7sec. 207gs @ 25psi , polished inlet mani. VAGCOM 805.1

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by karlharcourt View Post
    ok guys , so lets say i want to get to the 260bhp mark , whats my best route ?
    fmic? down pipe ? sport cat ?
    or are there any better options ?
    You probably do have 260bhp, your liquid thing could be wrong. At the end of the day, your device is measuring your power output with the air flow from your MAF sensor, and that's a common part to fail or be faulty on any 1.8T engine.

What I'm saying is, it's not 100% accurate.

FMIC does not give you more power, it just helps maintain it. Down pipe and sportscats also don't really offer more bhp neither, they are more free flowing yes, and probably makes your car more responsive, less turbo lag.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh! For Sale:LCR Brakes - £400

god i want more !

Status
    what sort of money am i looking at for a full exhaust system and what cat to go for etc.
    i have done so research on exhaust / sport cats and most people say you get little or no bhp gains. is this the case ?
    by the way , thanks for the help so far guys.

3rd Gear

Status
    What map is on the car? As JoJo says you might well already have what you want and you might spend a whole lot more for very little gain.

Get it RR and health checked if you're worried about it before spending a heap of moolah.