S3 subframe question

vegas

Reaction score
Hi,

Had my new S3 up on ramps over the weekend to have a good look underneath and investigate some clonking (drop link knackered). Shock horror- the front sub frame has had a good clout at some point and needs replacing, along with the o/s track rod end, both bearings, etc............ Anyway, I'm looking to source a new one from a breakers but wanted to know if the subframe is specific to the S3 or do A3s (golfs?) share the same part?

Help much appreciated- also has anyone used the salvage search sites such as breakerlink or can recommend one?

cheers,
James

the tt quattro subframe should be the same, not sure on the golf as there na engines with a quattro model, im sure you could find out though but id imagen you could source an s3 one easily enough anyway

Thanks guys,

I looked it up on ETKA at the dealers and it looks like its the same across the golfs, a3, octavia etc so after some searching round on ebay, managed to find a new one for £110 delivered, seems worth the extra over one from a breakers for peace of mind (and half the £220 from the dealers) . The bolts will be an extra £20 though. Will update when its done later in the week.

Not too impressed with breakerlink mind, got no replies in over a week.

James

Last edited: