Problem with the volume on my Audi concert!!

Mark Hopkins

AUDI S3, REVO MAPPED 260 bhp
Reaction score
my audi concert stereo all works fine until i go to turn the volume up or down. when i do this it seems to have a mind of it's own, either going really load and about blowing the speakers or really quiet.
is this a problem that is easily fixable, or will it need replacing??
your help would be much appreciated.

Common fault. Occurs after 10,000 volume changes or something. Best thing to do it get a new HU.

if you want a standard replacement I brought this one from ebay. Had it nearly a month now and all seems fine. :icon_thumright:

Had the same problem with mine a few months ago, used to send me crazy. Would get in the car and it was nice and quite then try and turn it up a little to hear the radio then im ears would be bleeding

Ended up with a Alpine, never looked back

Yep. mine does it....but oddly only in cold weather. The birds TT's the same too so I'm going to get a couple of new head units from Stoke Audi off egay.

T

looks like a new hu is the way to go.
thanks guys!!:icon_thumright:

I think my Concert is just starting to do this. I've got the Bose audio system on my 2003 S3. What replacement head unit (must have CD) do you recommend?

Alpine CDE-103BT

Its got bluetooth for phone use
Connects to Ipod
Great Sounds
The Unit is red and looks good with the surround red lighting of the S3

can be fixed and as a known issue, i heard some dealers were swapping them under warranty??

I too have the same volume problem! Drives me bonkers!
Are aftermarket stereos compatible with the boot-mounted CD changer? My A3 came with it and I don't really want to have it and it not to work with a new stereo!
Cheers