AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    Neutral

Status

Wanted: cat convertor

as the title says needing one asap just had my MOT and my emmisions are 3 x the normal limits!!!!!!!!!!! guy reckon that the previous owner has hollowed out the cat and never told me so does any one have one i can borrow or a cheap one for sale to get the car through the MOT cheers in advance sorry its for a 1999 vplate s3

2. # ADS
    ADS

Badger 5 Edition

Status
    Seems a lot of effort to hollow out the cat.

Check its not a decat pipe like one from THS. If you have the std downpipe and cat setup then your one solution is to get hold of an OEM version as the S3 cat splits in two rather than being a single cat or you could try and replace the centre exhaust box with cat section maybe.

I sold my cat with the rest of my K04 turbo stuff else we could have sorted something with that.

Have a look on ebay for a cat, you should be able to get one for around 120 new for a single weld in unit

<tuffty/>
    Silver 2001 AMK S3. Silver alcantara interior... now with added powarrrrrrrr, torques. VAGCOM + KII-USB. >> My build thread...

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    i know after researching for the Mini tufts, theres a few places that do this to the CATs, the mini has a very restrictive one consisting of two bricks, they chop it up and remove one brick and reweld giving an OEM appearence even when benched (and it pass's the MOT)...... cant see someone doing it to the S3 though (or never heard of it), the mini one is aweful, one firm stuck an airline down one side and couldnt feel anything at all at the other end (it was turned on )
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

6th Gear

Status
    I have heard of people "smashing" the middle out of a cat to remove the restrictions while keeping it looking standard.

Where are you based matie??
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

1st Gear

Status
    they are on ebay starting for 80 delivered good luck

1st Gear

Status
    ive got that whole pipe set up sitting in my garage.. although im in Australia..
    2000 Audi S3 |Revo Stage 2+ | Revo Select Plus| Custom 3" exhaust |
    |3" down pipe | 120cell High Flow cat | Forge Dump valve |
    |Wagner-tuning FMIC ||Big brake kit 355mm | coilovers |
    ~Wish list~ |Haldex| stage 3+ |

Neutral

Status
    Based in dundee scotland can anyone help and where did you see one on the bay for 80 i have checked and cant see if youw please pm me the link cheers also has anyone ever experianced the blueflame sports cat???
    Quote Originally Posted by S3 Paul View Post
    I have heard of people "smashing" the middle out of a cat to remove the restrictions while keeping it looking standard.

Where are you based matie??

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by tufftybloke View Post
    Seems a lot of effort to hollow out the cat.

Check its not a decat pipe like one from THS. If you have the std downpipe and cat setup then your one solution is to get hold of an OEM version as the S3 cat splits in two rather than being a single cat or you could try and replace the centre exhaust box with cat section maybe.

I sold my cat with the rest of my K04 turbo stuff else we could have sorted something with that.

Have a look on ebay for a cat, you should be able to get one for around 120 new for a single weld in unit

<tuffty/>
    this may have seemed like a lot of effort but after failling the retest today i took the cat off and not only can you see straight through it!!!!!!!!!! on top of the cat its been cut open and i believe the inners have been removed and then welded back up!!!!!!!!!!! some unscrupulose arsehole!!!!!
    so anyone got a standard cat for sale or know of one available????

Reverse Gear

Status
    ive got a brand new universal magnaflow obd-ll cat, pm me if interested