Has anyone owned an S3 and a TT ?

Fuzzy felt

Reaction score
Hi,

As the title says above, does anyone have experience of owning both cars ? the reason i ask is that yesterday i drove my mates 2000 225bhp TT, it handles so much better than my S3. both are standard cars, and i was v.impressed with the TT, no understeer and far less body roll, the front screen is like peering out of a letterbox though !

Mums got an early TT, which i drive regularly...
I much prefer my s3 - to me it drives identical + my s3's remapped lol

is your S3 suspension standard ? mine pitches and rolls like a tug boat !

Mine has a bit of roll on standard, still handles well and just altered tyre pressures as directed by someone here and its done wonders for the handling :) as for the TT i only have an s3 but have considered chopping it in for a TT on the basis they seem the same except a TT a low slung sports car and being young i dont need practicality! the only thing thatb puts me off is the hairdresser image!

the wheelbase is shorter on the TT and it probally feels better due to you sitting lower down. Most comparisons make the S3 better but there isn`t much in it tbh. For me the S3 seats are too high but it helps the knees lol

If i was to get the tt itd be the new shape, dont like the old shape at all. Would one day like to own the ttrs

I find the S3 seats are way to high also. You never know but your suspension could be tired as ive alway read that the S3 is a better handling car.

Was a passenger in a friends TT Sport 240bhp version and handling wise it felt really wollie but not rollie.

My ex has a 2003 225 TT and I agree it feels as though it does handle a lot better than a standard S3. However since changing my suspension mine feels much better than the TT.

im quite suprised at how many of these TTS are out and about...there seems to be loads where i live.... lovely cars but not very unique (getting)

I find the S3 seats are way to high also. You never know but your suspension could be tired as ive alway read that the S3 is a better handling car.

Was a passenger in a friends TT Sport 240bhp version and handling wise it felt really wollie but not rollie.

Yeah, my suspension is in need of some tlc, just moving house at the moment and plan to get some bits done after the move, depending on how much cash is left

had both, both 225s. would say the TT felt 'tighter' around corners but it was also much newer at the time (had it new) and of course same comment about the seat height.