EM TuningSky Insurance

Thread: Some T*$T

ZoomZoom

Status

Some T*$T

Just got up and went to get some stuff out of my car, whats happened someone has ripped the S3 badges off the front and back of the car, lucky they didnt mark the paint work but now i need to get new badges

Any1 know where i can get hold of any 8L S3 badges from and does any1 know if the 8P S3 badges are any different in size
    My Much Missed :Imola Yellow S3 - Revo stage 2, SPS3, RS6 reps, Pirelli P Zero Rosso, Cupra R splitter, Brembo's, 323mm EBC Turbo Grooved Discs, Ferrodo DS2500 Pads, Forge DV, Forge FMIC, Fidanza Aluminium Flywheel, Sachs Clutch, Green Cotton Dynatwist induction kit, 3" Downpipe, sports cat, Milltek cat back, Bilstein B8's, KW rear adjustable tie bars Whiteline Adjustable ARB's, Eibach Springs, Powerflex Bushes, Bose Concert System

Now : Cupra R 225

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Bummer. Some people are such t**sers! I'm dreading that happening to mine but been lucky so far.

No doubt they will end up on the back of a BMW...
    BMW R8

There are a few sellers of badges on eBay, although not sure on quality.

Cheers,
    Alistair

"Why don't you listen to something really classical, like Mozart, Mendelssohn or Motorhead?"
    Arnold Rimmer, 1988

Commuting & Weekend Fun:
    Yamaha YZF-1000R Thunder Ace in Blue/Black

Practical Alternative (Still fun though!!):
    S3 2002/51 AMK Silver, Symphony II + Bose + xCarLink + AndyMac Stealth Sub, Metallic Mirrors, Heated Black Leather, Cruise control.

6th Gear

Status
    Tos'sewers I expect collecting badges, never saw the fascination in it...

You can get new badges from the dealers, there not much more than ones you get off the bay and you know they are the genuine items...
    Last edited by Essflee; 2nd October 2009 at 10:58.
    revo'd

Double Dark Side! Diesel & 8P

Status
    What badges were they, pre of post facelift? I still like the pre facelift ones and thought I might get some to replace my facelift badges.
    8P A3 TDI - 220bhp - 335lbft
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    Bye bye S3 you will be missed.
    S3 Build Thread

ZoomZoom

Status
    Just a pain in the arse, only just moved house and really cant afford **** like this at the min, keep my car in a locked car park so cant see it happening there so reckon it might have been done at asda

Found some on Awesome Gti website

http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product...=3495&xSec=380

Royal Pain In The Arse
    My Much Missed :Imola Yellow S3 - Revo stage 2, SPS3, RS6 reps, Pirelli P Zero Rosso, Cupra R splitter, Brembo's, 323mm EBC Turbo Grooved Discs, Ferrodo DS2500 Pads, Forge DV, Forge FMIC, Fidanza Aluminium Flywheel, Sachs Clutch, Green Cotton Dynatwist induction kit, 3" Downpipe, sports cat, Milltek cat back, Bilstein B8's, KW rear adjustable tie bars Whiteline Adjustable ARB's, Eibach Springs, Powerflex Bushes, Bose Concert System

Status
    The only way to stop this sort of thing from happening is to get an alarm with sensors so that it chirps if anyone gets too close. But its all money at the end of the day.
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

ZoomZoom

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Westle View Post
    The only way to stop this sort of thing from happening is to get an alarm with sensors so that it chirps if anyone gets too close. But its all money at the end of the day.
    Think a shotgun with several rounds would do the job lol

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by indiemike View Post
    Think a shotgun with several rounds would do the job lol
    Mounted to the car or pointed out your house window?
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

My other cars a mk2 Golf GTi

Status
    Could always leave them off?

ZoomZoom

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Olly P View Post
    Could always leave them off?
    Was thinking that but prefer them on

Status
    Dont leave them off mate or uneducated people will think you have an A3, and you wouldn't want that!
    A3 Maintenance Thread
    S3 Build Thread

ZoomZoom

Status
    Dont leave them off mate or uneducated people will think you have an A3, and you wouldn't want that!
    Lol this is true and we dont want that, just rang Awesome up and said should get them around wednesday

Hate it when theres a problem with my car, want to sort it out straight away

My other cars a mk2 Golf GTi

Status
    lol, yea, thats happened to me before, "nice A3 mate" a3, definately not impressed! Takes ages explaining to people that the S3 is like the BMW M3 of the 3 series!

Status
    Why would anyone pinch them other than wanton damage as your damaging them taking them off,I just hope that one day I read of a member catching someone in the act of this kind of thing.
    hope it gets sorted Mike.