Uprate clutch

djdougalno1

Reaction score
just wondered what to do bout uprating the clutch on s3 6 speed box someone to me a g60 flywheel and a vr6 clutch anyone have any thoughts

The 6 speed box will rattle.
With the single mass flywheel...
Ive just fitted a sache power clutch and new duel mass flywheel. so far so good

Hi guys im new to this forum and am have an S3 with slipping clutch, what clutches are recommended and how much should they cost? also does the dual mass flywheel need changing everytime a clutch goes?

As far as im aware... the duel mass flywheel doesnt need changing everytime as a rule BUT if the clutch has slipped or is warn then chances are it will be dead. Think how upset you will be if you just change the clutch and 2 month later the flywheels starts to clunk as you get bitting point, all the labour charge all over again...
Before swapping my engine i had a new sache clutch and a new duel mass flywheel AND a new release bearing / slave cylinder ( call it what you will ) after a year of motoring the clutch looked very worn and as a result the flywheel was blue on the face... meaning its basicaly seen better days.
Standard clutch wise i would go sache or LUK
Uprated i have just fitted a sache power clutch feels fine and bites well.
Both these use the duel mass flywheel but sache will sell you a single mass flywheel conversion. As i said though... theydo make the 6 speed box rattle on idle.