Cold Air Induction Kit

kitpayne

Reaction score
I know most people think its a waste of time and money - i've read most the threads.

I was wondering tho if anyone knows if this would fit and S3 or if the SMIC would be in the way.

I thought with it putting the filter by the bumper it would mean colder air.

Only £40 aswell got to be worth a go.

Last edited:
No good for the s3 for a few reason's, the s3 has a 80mm MAF, the kit you posted up runs 70mm pipework and would require a silicon adaptor, the SMIC is a complete b***h, unless your running a FMIC you've got no chance of getting that type of kit down near the bumper.

Yup. until you get a FMIC you'd be best off just fitting a 3/4" cold feed in place of the original air box feed and either knock up your own induction kit, filter with sheild etc or just buy a green cotton panel filter and smooth out the OEM airbox.

is it easy to replace the air feed?
is there a thread on fitting the filter inside the airbox or a certain size filter needed?

Yeah easy, best way is to pop the passengers wheel off and take the wheel arch lining off and your there, you can then remove the old air feed and thread the new feed down the wheel arch, you arnt going to get as much air as you would if it was fed from the front bumper but it will help.
Just order a green cotton filter for the s3 8l model, thats all you need to know.