Headlight switch

marcyp

Only me
Reaction score
hey has anyone got a guide for the headlight switch removal, as mine is playing up so i would like to get it out clean it up and see if that fixes things, any help would be nice tips or anything
thanks guys and girls

id say you remove cover from fuse box then you can push switch out mate. fuse cover comes of, the fuse box screws out with 4-5 screws you can see the relays and switch from there...

id say you remove cover from fuse box then you can push switch out mate. fuse cover comes of, the fuse box screws out with 4-5 screws you can see the relays and switch from there...

Nono, you can see it, but you don't remove it like that....

What you need to do is grab the knob bit you rotate and push it inwards, it's spring loaded, then I think you need to twist it anti clockwise until you can feel it stop and pull the whole thing out. There will be 2 connectors you need to remove, one is for the lights, the other is for the dimmer/headlamp height adjuster.

jojo you were right, after i had taken it out found out that one of the springs had fallen out as the plastic that holds it in and broken away but i did mange to find it so might try and glue it, other whys dose anyone know if you can get just the knob itself? thanks

Nope, it's a whole unit. I had a similar problem on mine with a bit of the plastic which got jammed in the switch so when I switched the lights on my front fogs came on as well. Not wanting to look like a chav with front fogs on I priced up a new unit, nearly fainted, then got one off eBay off someone breaking an S3.

I have a headlight switch for an A3 at home that's no use to me anymore as I've got the S3 now - It's fully functional but has a small scratch on the knob itself (that's why i ended up replacing it)

if it would be of use to you drop me a PM

Mike