EM TuningSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

Angel eye wiring help

Hi everyone, new to the site and ive owned my 1.8t a few months now
    Ive bought some angel eyes but dont now where the red and black wires go.
    Can some tell me which wire on the car harness is the side light live and negative.
    Thanks, great site btw

2. # ADS
    ADS

Lifes one big laugh

Status
    you can connect them all up to the side lights, just cut the side light red and black and crimp in the halos accordingly, might be able to take some pics for you if you dont understand

-AUDI A3 1.8T-
    coldside dumpvalve relocation kit/powerflow exhaust/k+n shielded air intake/ JOM coilovers/forge splitr/forge carbon fibre engine cover/soild flywheel conversion/REVO

Reverse Gear

Status
    I get the idea but dont now what colour wire to cut into to join the red wire and the same for the black cuz the audi loom isnt as simple as a red and black wire, they are all sort of colours like 2 colours striped
    pic my help me, cheers

Reverse Gear

Status
    anyone please

Lifes one big laugh

Status
    on the audi loom if you connect all the bits to the angel eye the side lights should work but not the halos. you then have to find the wires that lead to the side bulbs and cut those. ill upload a picture tonight to show you

-AUDI A3 1.8T-
    coldside dumpvalve relocation kit/powerflow exhaust/k+n shielded air intake/ JOM coilovers/forge splitr/forge carbon fibre engine cover/soild flywheel conversion/REVO

Lifes one big laugh

Status

in the picture above, the ones you need to cut are the white and black wires ( your colours might be different.) but they will be located in the same place as these.

then gather all the loose wires you have ( should be 3 blacks and 3 reds per light) and gather them all together like this......
    then crimp the red to the correct colour ( the white wire in my pictures case) and the black one to black leads.

so basically you will have 1 lead going in and 4 wires going out to the different side lights.

hope this makes it easier for you to understand if not post a pic up of yours and i will tell you what to cut and do what with

-AUDI A3 1.8T-

Reverse Gear

Status
    I understand now cont see why they dont arrive with the wires already connected seeing as they are all really attached to the headlight
    Anyway ive connected them and well happy
    Thanks for the help mate
    Like the look of your btw get a pic up
    Last edited by a3nav; 8th October 2009 at 17:31.

Lifes one big laugh

Status
    haha thats alright mate. yer i look the look of the angel lights, makes it look a bit more mean in people back mirrors!

theres 2 pics of my beast after i slammed it ( although i have raised the back by 1.5inches so it doesnt look so in the hub!) also just fitted a coldside relocation kit and its running so nice at the mo

what you got?

-AUDI A3 1.8T-